1083 Modding Bug / Datafile Bug
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:47 pm
I have edited every ShipHulls*.xml (the base + all races) - so that Interceptors which have two weapons always use small weapons. Always. MaxComponentSize 5.
And yet... this game refuses to honor that, yet again.
I thought I had it working - then you guys added the ShipHulls_<Race>.xml files. So I added those to my mod and fixed them all.
And now, yet again in 1083, I'm staring at an Ackdarian auto created interceptor - size 20, maximumsize 77 (which seems to be level 4) - and YET AGAIN the game designed it with a single large weapon and ignored the small slot.
SO MUCH WRONG WITH THAT.
1. It should put weapons in all slots, energy permitting
2. it should only have small slots per the xml files
Happy to share my screen - walk through every blasted file with someone from your team, showing that every !~@#$!@## copy of that fighterinterceptor hull is 5 + 5 max weapon size, and yet the game designs it with 5/10 (and leaves the 5 empty).
What gives? What other possible file is it looking at?
I did NOT update the pirate files. I assume (?!@#) that those are not relevant for any of the races who have a shiphulls_race.xml file?
And yet... this game refuses to honor that, yet again.
I thought I had it working - then you guys added the ShipHulls_<Race>.xml files. So I added those to my mod and fixed them all.
And now, yet again in 1083, I'm staring at an Ackdarian auto created interceptor - size 20, maximumsize 77 (which seems to be level 4) - and YET AGAIN the game designed it with a single large weapon and ignored the small slot.
SO MUCH WRONG WITH THAT.
1. It should put weapons in all slots, energy permitting
2. it should only have small slots per the xml files
Happy to share my screen - walk through every blasted file with someone from your team, showing that every !~@#$!@## copy of that fighterinterceptor hull is 5 + 5 max weapon size, and yet the game designs it with 5/10 (and leaves the 5 empty).
What gives? What other possible file is it looking at?
I did NOT update the pirate files. I assume (?!@#) that those are not relevant for any of the races who have a shiphulls_race.xml file?