Page 1 of 34
HLYA GC Step-by-Step German turn 1 featuring the Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:35 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
Here is my step-by-step ground opener in a PVP game from beginning to end. I document every move, attack, HQ change, SU addition, and SU subtraction is accounted for in the Grand Campaign turn 1 from South to the North. This thread will have a plethora of posts in the shortest detail. If questions please ask away. Please give me some time to get this on the forum first though. Thank you for looking.
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:47 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
South Consideration
This setup uses all of 2nd PZ(done this way for a hard push in the South). If you are uncomfortable closing all pockets in Center with 3rd & 4th PZ, then you will have to use less units of 2nd PZ.
With the recent changes on unit placement in the South there is now a Rumanian Division, circled in green at the bottom, that blocks rail usage by the Soviets during their first turn. That is all fine and well but without taking Proskurov, circled in green top one, it means nothing. My goal in this game is to take Proskurov to kill all rail out by Soviets in the white box area(then surrounding those units on turn two). At the same time my goal is to rout Soviet units into the 5 areas indicated by yellow circles. Along with the final bag of a "closed" pocket around all of Rovno with lots of Soviet goodies.
Having said this I am jumping right in with the ground phase. The air part will be talked about in my coming AAR for this game. You will see lots of things in my game play that may be obtuse or does not make sense. I apologize up front since #1 I am not the best writer & #2 I really do "SUX" at this game. Without further ado let's get started.
Oh, if you can make this better, which I am sure it can be done, then please share with the community.

- South.png (4.5 MiB) Viewed 10613 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:51 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
GS is on (My Ground Support only consists of Fighter planes, my Air phase will be documented in my AAR). I will say when I turn it on and off. I may forget sometimes so don't shoot the messenger
HA = Hasty Attack
DA = Deliberate Attack
* Please be aware at all times of your command and control. I always will try to have optimal command and control & will note in the walk through when I do not have it. (There are reasons for it and reasons against, I know the problems and do so)
* Disclaimer – Game has RNG and some of these attacks may not work for you as I have done them. Do your own due diligence when attacking. ****Results will vary****
Step
0. I build no new depots in the South
On tab 15 is step 277 and copying maps here for ease of reference. Currently the game is in Intermission while I do my Teams game turn to pick up more writing and pictures over the next few days. Here are the maps of South at step 277 tab 15.

- 277a.png (7.61 MiB) Viewed 10570 times

- 277b.png (7.65 MiB) Viewed 10570 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:52 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
1. Move 97th Light Div to hex

- 1 Move.png (1.81 MiB) Viewed 10610 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:52 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
2. Change 97th Light Division HQ to XXXXIV Corps, then Hasty Attack. 91st NKVD retreats East. (Always check command capacity before attacks)

- 2 attack.png (2.08 MiB) Viewed 10619 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:53 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
3. 97th Light Division attacks to SW

- 3 attack.png (1.88 MiB) Viewed 10618 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:54 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
4. 97th light Division attacks East (You could have done all of these attacks with rgmts if you wanted, but be cognitive of the first attack earlier not to leave delay)

- 4 attack.png (2.43 MiB) Viewed 10617 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:54 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
5. Move 100th Light Div to hex

- 5 Move.png (2.47 MiB) Viewed 10616 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:55 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
6. Hasty Attack east with 100th Light Div

- 6 Attack.png (2.96 MiB) Viewed 10615 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:55 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
7. Move 100th Light Div to hex

- 7 move.png (2.05 MiB) Viewed 10613 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:56 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
8. Split Div into Regiments, select first 2 regiments

- 8 split into regiments.png (2.14 MiB) Viewed 10612 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:56 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
9. HA NKVD regiment

- 9 attack.png (2.62 MiB) Viewed 10611 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:57 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
10. Please note that the attack was under an Army Command & the Army is over the command limit all attributing to lower than normal losses on that NKVD Regiment. I am fine with it since I want the NKVD regiment to stay in the forming pocket instead of routing away.

- 10 Over CMD limit.png (1009.05 KiB) Viewed 10610 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:59 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
11. Before attacking East Przemysl I want to clear out some more Soviet bombers. Too many Soviet bombers on the attack on this hex and we will get less than an 10:1 causing a delay and slowing up our FBD. So I go another section to attack and hopefully down some more Soviet bombers before coming back to East Przemysl.

- 11.png (2.3 MiB) Viewed 10608 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:00 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
12. Move 168 Div to hex

- 12 Move.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 10605 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:01 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
13. Hasty Attack hex to the east with Div (you can do this attack with regiments if you want, And the reason I am keeping this as a division is because the next attack(#14) I don’t want to get a delay because that hex is important for the Rovno pocket)

- 13 Attack.png (2.62 MiB) Viewed 10605 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:01 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
14. Hasty Attack next hex to the NE. We DO NOT want a delay in this hex

- 14.png (2.16 MiB) Viewed 10604 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:02 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
15. Move 168th Div 1 hex East

- 15.png (1.68 MiB) Viewed 10603 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:03 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
16. Hasty Attack. Key point is we don’t want a delay here either

- 16 Attack.png (2.44 MiB) Viewed 10601 times
Re: HLYA GC FULL South opener WITH Full Rovno pocket
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:03 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
17. You need to be aware of how much your fighters are intercepting and make sure the base is not running low on Supply and Ammo

- 17.png (1.86 MiB) Viewed 10600 times