Kinko's problems
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:44 am
I can't find any way to contact Matrix games other
than through these forums.
I sent this to docstore@kinkos.com and to
estore@matrixgames.com. The later bounced.
Has anyone else had problems with Kinko's?
I placed an order via Matrixgames.com for a manual
for the Game Uncommon Valor. This was from thier
website via the docstore option to Kinko's. This was
a very unplesent event.
The order (Job GTN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) was placed
Monday July 7 2003 at 10:32 pm. I received an order
conformation the next day imforming me that the
order would be ready to pick up July 10 at 10:32pm.
I arrived at the store 1113 W Ave. P in Palmdale, CA
Friday the 11th. No one could find the manual or any
trace of the order. I forgot to bring the printed e-mail
with me. I returned Saturday the 12th with the e-mail
and was told although the order was in the computer
no one had looked to see if any electronic orders
had been received or filled the orders.
One of the 2 employees available did try to print the
manual. I returned 3 hours later but the order was
still not available the machine need was broken.
I returned Sunday and finnaly picked up the order for the
price of $10.52.
The price listed on the Matrix Games web site is $6.05.
PRice listed on my reciept from docstore@kinkos.com
for color cover with coil binding is $6.05 plus tax.
My receipt is for
qty/list disc price amt
33/std white 0 0.16 5.28 pages
1/fs color 0 0.99 0.99 color cover
1/coil bind 0 3.45 3.45 binding
10.52
Since the coulmn are messed up;
5.28 to print pages
0.99 for color cover
3.45 fpr binding
10.52
Now there are in fact 67 pages as they are only
printed on one side.
So has there been an increase in price since Matrix
Games started the assocication with Kinko's or
was there extra added on by the local Kinko's. Or
as I assume the local Kinko's is badly run,
no one has received proper training and can't
fulfill orders correctly!
What is really starnge was this same thing happened
to me a year ago. I had a .PDF manual I needed
printed, I copied it to a CD and took to kinko's.
The CD was lost for 3 days. Couldn't be filled
because the machine needed was broken.
This is the only Kinko's available. I'm not going
there again.
Bob Thurman
Lancaster, CA
than through these forums.
I sent this to docstore@kinkos.com and to
estore@matrixgames.com. The later bounced.
Has anyone else had problems with Kinko's?
I placed an order via Matrixgames.com for a manual
for the Game Uncommon Valor. This was from thier
website via the docstore option to Kinko's. This was
a very unplesent event.
The order (Job GTN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) was placed
Monday July 7 2003 at 10:32 pm. I received an order
conformation the next day imforming me that the
order would be ready to pick up July 10 at 10:32pm.
I arrived at the store 1113 W Ave. P in Palmdale, CA
Friday the 11th. No one could find the manual or any
trace of the order. I forgot to bring the printed e-mail
with me. I returned Saturday the 12th with the e-mail
and was told although the order was in the computer
no one had looked to see if any electronic orders
had been received or filled the orders.
One of the 2 employees available did try to print the
manual. I returned 3 hours later but the order was
still not available the machine need was broken.
I returned Sunday and finnaly picked up the order for the
price of $10.52.
The price listed on the Matrix Games web site is $6.05.
PRice listed on my reciept from docstore@kinkos.com
for color cover with coil binding is $6.05 plus tax.
My receipt is for
qty/list disc price amt
33/std white 0 0.16 5.28 pages
1/fs color 0 0.99 0.99 color cover
1/coil bind 0 3.45 3.45 binding
10.52
Since the coulmn are messed up;
5.28 to print pages
0.99 for color cover
3.45 fpr binding
10.52
Now there are in fact 67 pages as they are only
printed on one side.
So has there been an increase in price since Matrix
Games started the assocication with Kinko's or
was there extra added on by the local Kinko's. Or
as I assume the local Kinko's is badly run,
no one has received proper training and can't
fulfill orders correctly!
What is really starnge was this same thing happened
to me a year ago. I had a .PDF manual I needed
printed, I copied it to a CD and took to kinko's.
The CD was lost for 3 days. Couldn't be filled
because the machine needed was broken.
This is the only Kinko's available. I'm not going
there again.
Bob Thurman
Lancaster, CA