Page 1 of 2
Newbie Questions
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:55 pm
by mamnich24
Dear Folk,
Just bought and installed Campaign Series. After initial looking at manual and game, I have some questions.
1. Am I correct, there is no way to turn on/off map labels - they either have them or not?
2. Am I correct, there is no way to view hex characteristics - height, terrain types, road, etc?
3. Are there no hex elevations? If there are, how do you view them?
4. Any way to change toolbar position from bottom to top or side?
5. Any way to zoom in or enlarge 2D maps? I can hardly see the hexes and units. I'm using 1920x1280.
6. How do you assess whether a unit is supplied or not?
That's a good start!
Thanks,
Mike
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:29 pm
by Jason Petho
I'll answer these for you when I get home from work.
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:16 am
by Jason Petho
Thank you for your interest!
Here are some answers:
1. Am I correct, there is no way to turn on/off map labels - they either have them or not?
You can access the labels by pressing SHIFT and you can leave them on the map by pressing SHIFT + ALT. Might take a couple tries, but it does work.
2. Am I correct, there is no way to view hex characteristics - height, terrain types, road, etc?
If you have the Unit List displayed (Pressing U), you can see the hex information in the Unit List (under the units)
3. Are there no hex elevations? If there are, how do you view them?
That is also how you can identify the elevation level as it is displayed in the Unit LIst information area.
4. Any way to change toolbar position from bottom to top or side?
No, it is relegated to the bottom.
5. Any way to zoom in or enlarge 2D maps? I can hardly see the hexes and units. I'm using 1920x1280.
Unfortunately, no.
6. How do you assess whether a unit is supplied or not?
Basically, if the unit does not have an empty bullet icon in the Unit Information Box in the Unit List (top left, typically), then it is in ammo.
Keep in mind that the we will be releasing new versions of the game in the future where they will be brought up to the Campaign Series Vietnam standards.
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:04 am
by mamnich24
Thanks for the answers.
Will the future upgrades be a free download, or a completely new game for a price?
Thanks,
Mike
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:21 am
by Jason Petho
They will be released as new games.
Re: Newbie Questions delete saved games
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:19 pm
by robertahyuk
Haven't had this game in years and can't remember how to delete all the saved games?
Anyone help me out here?
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:43 pm
by Jason Petho
They should be in the main folder, if I recall correctly. They are called ".btl" files. You can delete those.
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:29 am
by irfanahmed1979
Another Newbie question,
There are map, scenario and OOB editors. Are there any unit editors? I'll be more specific here: In the North African campaign playing as a British armoured unit commander my cruiser tanks get beaten up pretty badly (which maybe be very realistic and historically accurate) but is there a way to increase their armour and the power of their guns?
Sorry, I still don't exactly know how the game works but will read the manual once I get the time.
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:28 am
by Jason Petho
There is not a unit editor.
BUT.
You can edit the platoon files and then encrypt them for use in your game.
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:35 pm
by irfanahmed1979
Jason Petho wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:28 am
There is not a unit editor.
BUT.
You can edit the platoon files and then encrypt them for use in your game.
How do I do that?
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:26 am
by Jason Petho
You'll want to open the platoon file you want to edit using NOTEPAD or WORDPAD, adjust the values you want and then save it.
You can then email me the files to encrypt.
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:32 am
by irfanahmed1979
Ok, thank you
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:46 am
by irfanahmed1979
Jason Petho wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:26 am
You'll want to open the platoon file you want to edit using NOTEPAD or WORDPAD, adjust the values you want and then save it.
You can then email me the files to encrypt.
Could you help me locate some platoon files? I don't know which ones to open. Let's say I want to open a British artillery unit for the North African campaign that is equipped with the 25-pounder. Which relevant file would I need to open?
Edit: Ok found platoon09.oob. Now what? what does each number stand for?
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:06 am
by Jason Petho
Each number is a different country within the game.
For WEST FRONT the country list is as follows:
BLUE FORCES
----------
USSR 00
France 08
UK 09
US 10
Netherlands 11
Belgium 12
Yugoslavia 13
Norway 14
Greece 15
Allied Romania 17
Allied Italy 18
Free French 19
Iran 28
Iraq 29
Republican Spain 31
Albania 32
Brazil 33
Ethiopia 34
Allied Bulgaria 37
RED FORCES
---------
Germany 01
Italy 02
Hungary 04
Vichy France 16
Axis USSR 24
Bulgaria 26
Croatia 27
Fascist Spain 30
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:19 am
by Jason Petho
I'm trying to find my how to mod document that explains how to mod the files.
Be patient, I'm sure I'll find it.
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:37 am
by Jason Petho
Check your IM's, irfanahmed1979
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:18 am
by irfanahmed1979
Jason Petho wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:37 am
Check your IM's, irfanahmed1979
Nice! Thanks
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:14 am
by irfanahmed1979
Is the encryption program property of the Devs or can it be shared?
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:40 am
by Jason Petho
Encryption cannot be shared
But I'm happy to encrypt the files for you
Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:46 am
by irfanahmed1979
Jason Petho wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:40 am
Encryption cannot be shared
But I'm happy to encrypt the files for you
Ok, thank you. Will you also encrypt the weapons file?