Page 1 of 1

Panzer Forward: does NATO AI need tweaks?

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:47 pm
by Radagy
I just tried Panzer forward playing WP against NATO three times with three different NATO battle plans and I got three decisive wins.
As WP I made the same opening moves in all three games and I slaughtered the West german panzers in just 45 mins.
Maybe some smoke from the germans' artillery could make the difference.
When I played NATO, I got a marginal victory, which was a fun match.

Re: Panzer Forward: does NATO AI need tweaks?

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:07 pm
by CapnDarwin
Sent your issues with the scenario to our team to review. Thanks for the feedback.

Re: Panzer Forward: does NATO AI need tweaks?

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:24 pm
by Radagy
Here is a picture from the end game.
In three games the W. Germans advanced along the blue arrow.
In three games I set up my tanks in two different groups (marked by the red ovals) and slaughtered the advancing tanks mostly from long range and in 30/40 minutes the battle was over.

Re: Panzer Forward: does NATO AI need tweaks?

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:30 pm
by CapnDarwin
Radagy, what game version are you running?

Re: Panzer Forward: does NATO AI need tweaks?

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:54 pm
by cbelva
Did you play the WG Battle Plan #4. I agree, the NATO AI has a problem in getting his forces into position ahead of a human opponent. If you have not played Battle Plan #4, let me know if it was more a challenge after you play it.

Re: Panzer Forward: does NATO AI need tweaks?

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:25 pm
by Radagy
I have the last official patch, 2.1.0.6819.
I played plans one to three, I will give a try to four.

Re: Panzer Forward: does NATO AI need tweaks?

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:31 am
by kevinkins
Looks like a very difficult river crossing in the face of WP mobile fire power. PC wargame AIs find these difficult to pull off since a lot of synchronization has to be planned. A real life NATO commander might ask his superior "you want me to do what?" while looking at the approach through his binoculars. Spreading out the NATO attack might be the way to go even through it seems a concentrated attack would be irresistible.

Re: Panzer Forward: does NATO AI need tweaks?

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:09 pm
by Radagy
With plan four the battle took longer and it was much funnier to play, nevertheless, the outcome was the same.

Re: Panzer Forward: does NATO AI need tweaks?

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:21 pm
by Radagy
Unit deployment at the end of the game