Page 1 of 1

[FIXED] Manual Speed not Equal

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:07 pm
by pgatcomb
This one is interesting, I was creating a video and I set two different air units (not grouped) to 451 knots and for some odd reason they pulled away from each other as if having a different ground speed. It was almost like the 'faster' plane was showing 450 but not actually going 450. I have attached the scenario and the video for you to see it in action.

The bug becomes very obvious towards the 1/3rd and 2/3rd points of the video.

https://youtu.be/xsuEg-VYEJs

Re: Manual Speed not Equal

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:28 pm
by thewood1
Youtube link isn't wotking.

I put a ref pt in and timed a distance of 133nm. By the time the 737 got to the ref pt, the Mig-31 was 1.5km ahead. That translates to about 1 nm or 0.75% difference in distance travelled at the "same speed". That is a small, but noticeable difference. I'm wondering if could be rounding the speed up and down. If the 737 is going at 449.5, and the Mig-31 is going at 450,5, it would account for a lot of it, but not all of it. Of course, my measurements were kind of rough also.

Re: Manual Speed not Equal

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:39 pm
by thewood1
Ran a test where I paid attention to more exact placement of the ref pt and starting and stopping. It came to 0.52% or about half a nm over 100nm exactly.

Re: Manual Speed not Equal

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:28 pm
by Faceplate
The link works if you go to quote the post, and paste the url you find. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsuEg-VYEJs

Very strange behaviour in game.

Re: Manual Speed not Equal

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:38 am
by Dimitris
That was a nasty one. Fixed for the next update release. All praise Steve!

Re: Manual Speed not Equal

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:32 am
by KnightHawk75
Dimitris wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:38 am That was a nasty one. Fixed for the next update release. All praise Steve!
Nice! Thanks Steve! :D I'm assuming next is post 1301.1