Page 1 of 1

Help please with Weapon Allocation

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:19 am
by spookyer
Hi, doing a Air to Air tutorial. I have a group of F-15s with RADAR off with AMRAAM about to launch an attack on Mig23. Mig is about 28miles out so well within the range. When I try and attack manually I see a line in RED under the Amramm saying
"Automatic fire in NOT possible,,Firing unit must obtain (from itself or another CEC-enabled platform) a high-quality track on the target before firing."

I have a Gulfstream G550 AEW platform up and it has been tracking the Migs for some time and has a solid contact with them. I thought I could fire the AMRAAMS without turning my F-15s radar on but is the Gulfstream unable to provide a datalink for my F-15s to fire?

Re: Help please with Weapon Allocation

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:28 am
by Kushan04
spookyer wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:19 am I have a Gulfstream G550 AEW platform up and it has been tracking the Migs for some time and has a solid contact with them. I thought I could fire the AMRAAMS without turning my F-15s radar on but is the Gulfstream unable to provide a datalink for my F-15s to fire?
No it can't. The F-15 needs to turn on it's own radar, even temporarily, in order to fix the target location for itself before it can fire.

Re: Help please with Weapon Allocation

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:09 am
by spookyer
thanks for that, I thought I might have been doing something wrong. This game is more than a bit complex to learn. cheers

Re: Help please with Weapon Allocation

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:29 pm
by Dimitris