Page 1 of 1
Su-34 fullback cannot carry AA-12?
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:08 am
by Lanzfeld
Everything I’ve read says the SU-34 fullback can carry the R77. But in the game it cannot?
Re: Su-34 fullback cannot carry AA-12?
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:03 pm
by CV60
If you think the game missing a weapons load, go here and submit an "New Loadout Request". Be sure to supply documentation/links:
https://github.com/PygmalionOfCyprus/cm ... new/choose
Re: Su-34 fullback cannot carry AA-12?
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:05 pm
by tylerblakebrandon
I just checked and found an open db request for this already.
https://github.com/PygmalionOfCyprus/cm ... ssues/1789
In this case it appears there is verifiable evidence of use. I had first thought it might be a case similar to the statement below from the mega FAQ. I generally go by the rule of thumb to look for photos of operational units with the weapons in place since a lot of aircraft can carry weapons but don't in normal practice.
https://command.matrixgames.com/?page_id=2920
"Why aren’t F-111s armed with AGM-65 Maverick missiles in the simulator?
Just because an aircraft is able to physically carry a given weapon does not mean the pilots train to use it operationally. For example, while A-10A Thunderbolt IIs are authorized to employ laser-guided bombs, they never do because Mavericks, iron bombs and cluster bombs are their weapons of choice. The F-111Fs are authorized to deliver Maverick missiles but they never train with this weapon, preferring their trusty LGBs instead."