Page 1 of 1

[FIXED] How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:24 pm
by Lanzfeld
Doing testing with Migs vs Migs (Iron Hand 2014 scenario).

What I am seeing quite often is an exchange of R-27 shots at each other by both sides. If my missile kills the other MiG first (because I shoot sooner WRA) sometimes the enemy missile still kills my shooter about 5 seconds after illumination stops. These are 1 vs 1 battles with no other aircraft painting my shooter and these TSARH are still getting kills after launching aircraft is dead. These are NOT the IR version of the R-27 so how is this happening?

Is the enemy missile tracking me using the Tin Shield Radar on the ground after the launching aircraft is dead?

What am I missing here?

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:39 pm
by BDukes
Lanzfeld wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:24 pm Doing testing with Migs vs Migs (Iron Hand 2014 scenario).

What I am seeing quite often is an exchange of R-27 shots at each other by both sides. If my missile kills the other MiG first (because I shoot sooner WRA) sometimes the enemy missile still kills my shooter about 5 seconds after illumination stops. These are 1 vs 1 battles with no other aircraft painting my shooter and these TSARH are still getting kills after launching aircraft is dead. These are NOT the IR version of the R-27 so how is this happening?

Is the enemy missile tracking me using the Tin Shield Radar on the ground after the launching aircraft is dead?

What am I missing here?
A save file. Beat everybody too it!

Mike

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:49 pm
by Lanzfeld
Do you mean a save of the scenario right before the dogfight or a movie of it happening? I don't know how to do a movie of it happening. If I send the save file of right before a dogfight there is no guarantee it happens unless you run it 10 or 20 times. Is that what you mean?

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:54 pm
by Lanzfeld
I am replaying my dogfight over and over and sometimes my MiGs get kills AFTER they turn away to evade incoming missiles.

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:55 pm
by bsmithwins
Save file from right after the zombie SARH makes the kill.

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:02 pm
by Lanzfeld
bsmithwins wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:55 pm Save file from right after the zombie SARH makes the kill.
OK thank you! I will replay a few times until it happens then save and post here.

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:12 pm
by Lanzfeld
I have a good example but when I try to drag the file into message box or attach it says "invalid file extension"?

it is a ".save"

How do I post it here?

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:15 pm
by Lanzfeld
Lanzfeld wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:12 pm I have a good example but when I try to drag the file into message box or attach it says "invalid file extension"?

it is a ".save"

How do I post it here? Ill try Zip

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:16 pm
by Lanzfeld
Lanzfeld wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:15 pm
Lanzfeld wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:12 pm I have a good example but when I try to drag the file into message box or attach it says "invalid file extension"?

it is a ".save"

How do I post it here? Ill try Zip
Okay that worked. You see my 4 MiGs shoot at 2 MiGs but completely turn away from return fire yet missiles hit.

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:22 pm
by Lanzfeld
Another example. All 4 of my MiGs turn away yet the missiles hit.

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:50 pm
by BDukes
This is not what I see in the files. Sorry. :twisted:

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:15 pm
by Lanzfeld
Well its happening for sure. My MiGs (all of them) are pointed at least 120 degrees away from the enemy for about 5 seconds before any missile hits.

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:17 pm
by Lanzfeld
Lanzfeld wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:15 pm Well its happening for sure. My MiGs (all of them) are pointed at least 120 degrees away from the enemy for about 5 seconds before any missile hits.

I guess I'll show you screenshots next. In the meantime try it yourself. 1v 1 or 2 v 2 it doesn't matter. R-27s are hitting after illumination is gone.

unless I'm missing something here?

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:29 pm
by Dimitris
Not able to look at the save right now, but this sounds similar to this report: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 0&t=391175

If this sounds indeed similar, see the explanation here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 7#p5066987

The R-27R/ER is a special-case missile because of its unique (for an AAM) guidance mode.

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:44 pm
by Lanzfeld
OK THANK YOU!

Now I know what I was seeing was legit and the SARH missiles are a small bit broken. No big deal I'm glad they hope to fix them. Right now they have a small bit of AMRAAM in them the last 5 seconds! :shock:

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:32 pm
by maverick3320
I've had the same issue. I'm playing against quite a few Alamo-armed Fulcrums right now in my current scenario (Med Fury 7) so I'll try and grab a save if I can.

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:25 pm
by Lanzfeld
I cant test right now but I guess this problem was NOT fixed in the update? :?: :?: :?:

I didn't read it in the notes and it is a shame because TSARH missiles are rather broken right now. They kill their target after illuminator has turned away or has been killed.

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:39 am
by Dimitris
This should be fixed in the current release build.

Re: How Are TSARH Alamo-A (R-27) Hitting?

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:26 pm
by Lanzfeld
Ver 1.05 1307.14

Still NOT fixed. :? You can remove the "FIXED" in the title of thread.

TSARH Missiles still hitting 3 seconds after illuminator destroyed.