Page 1 of 1

[FIXED] Strange behavior of mobile facility units

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:53 am
by NorthStarX
I have a quick question about a strange behavior of mobile facility units that was not seen in older C:MO versions.

When I give some waypoints to a mobile facility unit to move it, quite often they move in a direction that deviates from the direction indicated by the waypoints. This seems to occur regardless of proficiency of the unit.

Is this an intentionally designed behavior of the unit?

My current environment is Build 1307.3.

Re: Strange behavior of mobile facility units

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:29 am
by KnightHawk75
NorthStarX wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:53 am I have a quick question about a strange behavior of mobile facility units that was not seen in older C:MO versions.

When I give some waypoints to a mobile facility unit to move it, quite often they move in a direction that deviates from the direction indicated by the waypoints. This seems to occur regardless of proficiency of the unit.

Is this an intentionally designed behavior of the unit?

My current environment is Build 1307.3.
Do you have the Navigation\pathfinding set to Direct (DoWhatITellYouToDo) vs Shortest path when that happens? Cause if you have the later it automatically does lots of things you don't want sometimes (pre-tiny builds did it too), or is this something else?

Re: Strange behavior of mobile facility units

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:38 am
by NorthStarX
Hello KnightHawk75,

Thanks as always for your quick response.
Exactly to your point, I have tried a few things and still this problem seems to persist.
(I've tried moving a unit a few times with Navigation / pathfinding set to Direct.)

From what I have learned after several attempts, it seems to be a frequent symptom in places where mobile units can move at relatively high speeds (generally 20kts or more), such as urban terrain.

When a unit maneuvers at 20-30kts, it often spins in circles around the same waypoint over and over again.

Re: Strange behavior of mobile facility units

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:05 pm
by NorthStarX
This phenomenon persists after updating to Build 1307.9 where mobile facility units repeatedly wanders around the waypoint and gets lost.
(This may be just in my environment..)

So I have created a Lua script that solves this problem.
Overall it works well.
This script applies to all mobile facility units (vehicles) placed on the map by simply specifying the side (For now only BLUFOR is configured).

The script also differentiates the maximum speed by terrain type and by vehicle type (tracked or wheeled).

I've put the file here as well, so if someone is interested, please give it a try.

Re: Strange behavior of mobile facility units

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:35 am
by Dimitris
Logged #15001

Re: Strange behavior of mobile facility units

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:43 am
by Geoffropi
Thanks for the report, fixed for the next build.

Re: Strange behavior of mobile facility units

Posted: Sun May 07, 2023 1:51 pm
by NorthStarX
Thank you for your responses and fixing it.