Page 1 of 1

Switching sides when using the old or new editor.

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:50 am
by Mac Linehan
Gents-

"The Road to Leningrad" as the Soviets. Because Germany has the first turn move, Germany is displayed when the new or old editors are opened. I have fiddled around, but have been unable to switch to the Soviet side in order to edit.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it is a very basic step that I am overlooking; sooo, time to ask the Smart Guys (tm).

What an awesome game; I have this week off and am just immersed and loving it.

Thank You for your help.

Newbie
Mac

Re: Switching sides when using the old or new editor.

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:42 am
by FortTell
Switching sides in the old editor is done by pressing 'W' when looking at the map, no idea abot the new editor.

Re: Switching sides when using the old or new editor.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:36 pm
by Mac Linehan
FortTell-

Thank You, Sir.

I did various word searches in the Editor Manual pdf; moments after I posted my question I remembered that it was the W key. Oh well, I learn (and often relearn!) every day...:)

Mac

Re: Switching sides when using the old or new editor.

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:11 am
by Teo41_ITA
I'm late but one thing that I noticed is that you need to have the ground units visible on the map to switch side. Having AOGs or nothing won't allow you to do it.

Re: Switching sides when using the old or new editor.

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:45 pm
by Mac Linehan
Thank You Teo_41 ITA-

Once I have played the Campaign Game through several times, I look forward to playing your mod!

Mac