Page 1 of 1
In-Game Recorder
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:04 pm
by Horns
I read through the relevant part of the manual and tried running the In-Game Recorder on a playthrough. The result I got was not reflective of the original playthrough. Is the recorder functional, or am I just doing it wrong? Also, I saw some threads about After Action Reports not being available on tacview, I guess this is currently not a planned feature?
Re: In-Game Recorder
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:28 pm
by TitaniumTrout
Horns wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:04 pm
I read through the relevant part of the manual and tried running the In-Game Recorder on a playthrough. The result I got was not reflective of the original playthrough. Is the recorder functional, or am I just doing it wrong? Also, I saw some threads about After Action Reports not being available on tacview, I guess this is currently not a planned feature?
I just ran through a Quick Battle, recorded it, and it worked OK for me. I'm on 1307.9. The Recorder is only useable through the ReplayViewer and you can't start the simulation or advance time as you normally would. If you do the simulation will run anew and is no longer the recording, even if the replay viewer is open.
For example I had an F-117 eat a SAM and was destroyed. I can step right up to that point using the Replay Viewer and then start the simulation as you normally would. This time the F-117 survived. But if you press play on the Replay Viewer again it will play the recording and you can watch as everything happens.
The TacView AAR feature, like DCS/Falcon, is on the
"Vote for Features Here" thread, so please vote for it!
edit, be aware that replays grow in file size
fast. I recorded a dozen units for about 20 minutes and it was 18 mb.
Re: In-Game Recorder
Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:52 am
by Horns
TitaniumTrout wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:28 pm
Horns wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:04 pm
I read through the relevant part of the manual and tried running the In-Game Recorder on a playthrough. The result I got was not reflective of the original playthrough. Is the recorder functional, or am I just doing it wrong? Also, I saw some threads about After Action Reports not being available on tacview, I guess this is currently not a planned feature?
I just ran through a Quick Battle, recorded it, and it worked OK for me. I'm on 1307.9. The Recorder is only useable through the ReplayViewer and you can't start the simulation or advance time as you normally would. If you do the simulation will run anew and is no longer the recording, even if the replay viewer is open.
For example I had an F-117 eat a SAM and was destroyed. I can step right up to that point using the Replay Viewer and then start the simulation as you normally would. This time the F-117 survived. But if you press play on the Replay Viewer again it will play the recording and you can watch as everything happens.
The TacView AAR feature, like DCS/Falcon, is on the
"Vote for Features Here" thread, so please vote for it!
edit, be aware that replays grow in file size
fast. I recorded a dozen units for about 20 minutes and it was 18 mb.
I must have done something wrong, thanks for checking that out, I'll try again. I will def vote for the Tacview AAR! Many thanks.