Page 1 of 1

Possible bug with Republican Government at start up... ?

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:39 am
by Siddham
I begin as humans with Republic government...
My planet quality at game start says 93% (I chose Agreeable in start options)
A couple of days in I get a notice that due to be being a Republic I have completed Planetary Governance Research...
And I now have a Planetary Administration Centre on my planet
Great!.... except immediately the quality of my planet falls to seventy something percent...
The amount of the reduction in planet quality is different each time I reload the save...
I checked with a couple of different game starts with same race & government and the same result...
When the notice of the research and Admin Centre comes the planet quality drops 15% - 20%

I guess I would expect the research and administration centre would be a bonus but in fact it seems to be a malus

...ps I am playing on v1.1.2.4.

Re: Possible bug with Republican Government at start up... ?

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:14 am
by Nightskies
Other government-starting buildings cause the same, while those without do not. One or the other is bugged...

Re: Possible bug with Republican Government at start up... ?

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:35 am
by Siddham
Yes I read earlier on a recent Steam post that Republic and Monarchy are bugged
I tried a Democracy start and it was ok
I used the fix offered by Alduran on Steam and started a new game as Human Republic which worked
But god knows why or what else might be amiss... lol
I expect when they get around to the next beta it may be fixed

Re: Possible bug with Republican Government at start up... ?

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:30 pm
by MaximKI
Thanks for the catch, we're investigating.