Page 1 of 1

PWRHEX Edit

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:38 pm
by engineer
What is a good utility to open the PWRHEX.dat?

Re: PWRHEX Edit

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:33 pm
by LargeSlowTarget

Re: PWRHEX Edit

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:35 pm
by engineer
Thanks for the reference. I've downloaded the editor and can make hex by hex changes and write the changes to RAM.

However, when I try to save the changes back to the pwhexe.dat file, I get an error message that there is an error writing to test_pwhexe.dat. I must be making a mistake somewhere, any suggestions?

Re: PWRHEX Edit

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:12 am
by LargeSlowTarget
I don't think that the editor accepts a file called "test_pwhexe.dat" (the game surely won't) - you better stick to the file name "pwhexe.dat".

You need to drop the pwhexe.dat from the game root folder (make a copy before using the editor - just in case) into the folder of the editor, then "open" it via the "FILE" menu.

Do your changes, then "save" again via the "FILE" menu and drop the modified pwhexe.dat file back into the root folder of the game.