Page 1 of 1

[NO REPRO] Lag when I select any unit

Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 5:23 am
by flex0r
Hey folks,

I bought the game and spent the last 2 days checking everything on internet on how to make the game run smoothly. Basically I noticed, no matter what map settings(circles disabled and stuff) I use and the speed of simulation, game is unplayable if I have unit/units selected. Super laggy, hangs a lot and can't issue orders or move map/zoom in or out.

If I deselect units, then the lag dissapears, at a playable level, but not completely. Thus, I have to pause game and deselect any unit when I need to make an action, making things super inconvenient.

I have a good gaming pc with ssd, running smooth other games at high resolutions and it seems that game does not even use more than around 20% of CPU/GPU/RAM.

After 2 days of checking everything on steam forum/reddit/facebook groups I still could not find a solution to this. I installed ProcesLasso and set highest priority, disabled Write and Steam overlay, played with the DPI scalling settings, played with Nvidia Settings. I reinstalled the game/ steam and even the whole Windows 10. No matter what I tried I did not notice a change in the game run, making me believe is a game issue or a conflict with my pc/an app. Changed to different versions of the game including beta.

At the moment I did not request for a refund, I will try a couple more days to find a solution, but if nothing works I will have a refund.

Did any of you had similar issues and managed to find a fix to this?

Re: Lag when I select any unit

Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 5:44 am
by Dimitris
Can you post your DxDiag file here ?

Re: Lag when I select any unit

Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 6:11 am
by flex0r
Hi,

I appreaciate the fast response and that you take time to try and help me.
I have attached both dxdiag file and an ExceptionLog from the game, in case you need it.

Re: Lag when I select any unit

Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 7:09 am
by Dimitris
Okay, you have a laptop with an i7-7700HQ and a discrete GTX 1050 Ti. This should perform pretty well.

Can you try this:

1) On the "Game Options" window, there is an option called "Show Diagnostics". Enable it.

2) The "black caption" on the top edge of the map should now display additional information such as "AUCount", "Pulse Time" and "GPU:". Can you tell us if the GPU being listed is the GTX 1050 or the "HD Graphics 630" ?

Re: Lag when I select any unit

Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 7:29 am
by flex0r
It is running on the GTX 1050TI
Also pulse time is 3ms but kinda fluctuating and sometimes jump more, but I don't really notice a corelation between this and lag.

Re: Lag when I select any unit

Posted: Sat May 27, 2023 4:07 pm
by Dimitris
Please check your PMs.

Re: Lag when I select any unit

Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:55 pm
by Dimitris
Did you read your PMs ?

Re: Lag when I select any unit

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2024 7:55 am
by drakk0r
Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue running v1.07 build 1487 on Windows 10.

Re: Lag when I select any unit

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2024 11:44 am
by Nikel
I would do as suggested above:

Upload your DxDiag file.

On the "Game Options" window, there is an option called "Show Diagnostics". Enable it to see which GPU is using the game.

Also you may upload your last exception log file. Before that in the General tab of the options, enable "Log debug information to file" and restart the game, then upload the new exception log file created.

Re: Lag when I select any unit

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2024 8:53 pm
by Dimitris
Marking as non-repro.