Page 1 of 1
H2H - no message box
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:13 pm
by Berserk
When playing H2H, I have no message box when firing or being fired at.
I only see the lower frame of the box to the top of my screen.
I'm n ot sure if that is intended. If not, could someone tell me how to fix this?
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:51 pm
by rbrunsman
It's intended. After all, no one is going to yell across no-man's land, "He Jerry, that was a nice shot. You just took out Joe! Let me know how you like this one... bang bang bang!"
You don't get any casualty reports in H2H.
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:32 pm
by Capt Chris
I think I need to really start using H2H. That is one feature that I don't really like in stock 7.1.
Thanks RMAN
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:54 pm
by Berserk
.
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:19 pm
by Belisarius
Originally posted by Capt Chris
I think I need to really start using H2H. That is one feature that I don't really like in stock 7.1.
Yes, you do.

C'mon, jooooin ussss Kaptin.....
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:53 pm
by Toontje
I did receive casualty reports from arty fire tho. Not infantry, but AVF hits.
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:54 am
by chief
Toontje: I believe that if you have LOS to target you'll get reports, but not if you don't have LOS. It goes on the assumption that you'd see the AFV brew up but not necessarily the infantry.
In H2H its designed that way so that you can not use artillery for recon work. HTH
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:18 pm
by Toontje
I didn't spot one of them before and that one is behind a hill (suspected fire), and another one might be spotted altrough it's behind smoke.
Not that AVF hit occur often using arty, so usually it ought to be no problem. Just noticed it because it was 2 in 1 turn.
Come to think of it, those 2 are hits from <25 arty-AVF hits from indirect fire.
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:20 pm
by Capt. Pixel
Originally posted by chief
Toontje: I believe that if you have LOS to target you'll get reports, but not if you don't have LOS. It goes on the assumption that you'd see the AFV brew up but not necessarily the infantry.
In H2H its designed that way so that you can not use artillery for recon work. HTH
This is one of the key reasons that I prefer H2H. No arty reconn.
But you still get
some reconn. If there are a large number of casualties being caused by the indirect round, the information bar at the bottom of the screen will 'roll up' several more steps than normal (one step for each casualty reported). On my slower machine, there'll also be a delay as the program reports enemy casualties.
The 'ka-ping' sound caused by hits on hidden enemy armor still happens, too, as do full reports of hidden armor kills.
You may not know exactly
what is getting damaged (as in 7.1) but you still can get some information.
