Page 1 of 1

Trouble with the weather

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:15 pm
by Raindem
Having some trouble modeling seasonal weather changes in my current project. In previous scenarios, I would use events to implement a series of cold fronts to bring in winter at the appropriate time, and a series of warm fronts to bring us back into summer. All events would be recycled with a delay of 26 (for the scenarios with bi-weekly turns). Then, the following year the process starts all over again at the same time. This system has always worked perfectly, until now.

The first year's winter comes and goes as it should. But something happens during the second year that one of the cold fronts doesn't appear. And then the weather is messed up for the rest of the scenario because there must be the same number of cold and warm fronts. I've checked all my events and they have the correct trigger and delay.

The only other thing different in this scenario is that I have 3 weather zones, whereas in my other scenarios there are only two. Since it takes 3 turns for a weather front to span the map, and my weather fronts come 2 turns apart, is that causing some internal confusion with the engine? Remember, everything executes correctly the first time through. It's only on the recycle that some cold fronts are skipped.

So am I missing something about how TOAW deals with the weather, or has Matrix programmed in man-made climate change?

Thanks. Curt.