Page 1 of 1

Link/zone data differs - continue?

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:02 am
by JanSako
I just got back the first (Allied) turn of a new PBEM game, and when I launched it, this message popped up:
2023-06-09_11-07-36.png
2023-06-09_11-07-36.png (949.14 KiB) Viewed 611 times
Iam pretty sure what this is NOT, cause I have seen/caused these others before. Which file is causing this & how much of a risk is there in continuing?

Things this is NOT:
- pwhexe mismatch - there is a message stating that is that is the issue
- scenario data mismatch/update needed - again, there is a message stating that
- different MAP (image file) or other art files - the game does not actually care about these so two players can have totally different visuals in the game & it will be fine

The game loads fine & I do not see anything obviously untoward...

Any ideas/help would be appreciated!

Re: Link/zone data differs - continue?

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:31 pm
by RangerJoe
Make sure that you are using the same build and map. I have not done any PBEM here so I don't know of other potential causes of problems.

Re: Link/zone data differs - continue?

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:37 pm
by BBfanboy
The maps can have a difference in artwork but the PWHex files must be the same for both players. E.G. it wouldn't work for one player to use the extended map data files and the other player to use the stock map data files. They have bases in different locations and impossible navigation areas in different spots.

Re: Link/zone data differs - continue?

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:28 pm
by JanSako
If the PWHexe file would be different, it would say so in the message. That si what I meant that the scen data & map data have their own messages & I have seen those before.

This one is new.
Maybe something 11.27?

Re: Link/zone data differs - continue?

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:37 pm
by JanSako
According to LST, it is one of these or both:

pwzlink.dat
pwzone.dat

They are related to the map data, but not to 'bases on the map' like the pwhexe.dat

We should be good if we can get the right pair :-)

Thanks all!

Re: Link/zone data differs - continue?

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:11 pm
by Honus
Why would the files be different? Is it a patch issue?

Re: Link/zone data differs - continue?

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:29 pm
by JanSako
They can be changed by a mod, and they would be changed between the 'regular' and 'expanded' map. Also 11.27 changes them from 11.26.

Basically stuff that adjusts the location/distances etc of the off-map bases.