Page 1 of 1

Barbarossa (AIO) hangs during combat

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:02 pm
by TeaLeaf
I tried the AI Opponent (Barbarossa scenario) out of curiousity,
but the scenario hangs during 'land combat selection and resolution' no matter the result.

The AI does not pick its losses (nor is there an option for the player to pick them), and the program does not proceed to the next phase (advance after combat/next combat) even if all AI-units were lost in the combat, as can be seen in picture below.
hangs.gif
hangs.gif (1.16 MiB) Viewed 1089 times
EDIT: spellings

Re: Barbarossa (AIO) hangs during combat

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:50 am
by BrianSchick
Yeah. Me too.

Re: Barbarossa (AIO) hangs during combat

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:10 pm
by Joseignacio
It happened to me, so I had to run it in solo or hotseat and it finally ran and we changed it again to Netplay.

Mechanics for the game, we are.

Re: Barbarossa (AIO) hangs during combat

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:36 pm
by tormania
It's now Dec 2023 and tried my first AIO game last night (just got the game from a friend) and this very thing happen and I was baffled as to WTF it wasn't working. Glad to know I'm not alone....sad that it has not yet been addressed. So I guess it will be fully Solo mode for now as I get more familiar with all the mechanics of the game.

Re: Barbarossa (AIO) hangs during combat

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:48 pm
by Joseignacio
Learning this game is a serious endeavour to be made alone. You might feel dispirited an leave it. I would recommend playing a novice game while learning and asking your question at the WIF school forum. Even those who have played the board game over 20 years still find new situations or rules conflicts and sometimes discover our interpretations were wrong.