Page 1 of 1

Supply and support (assualt rating also)

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:41 am
by buzard
I'm new to UV. I've been playing the
Coarl Sea scenerio over and over to
learn the game.

I've been reading these forums and
RTFMing. But I can't seem to find info
on support. I've been playing the
Japanese, invaded and captured
Buna. I took the 5 HQ units from
Rabul as well as the 2 INF units.
And 1 other INF from somewhere.

Even though the HQ and INF units
are in the same hex the HQ units
don't seem to be able to provide
support. There are plenty of supplies
for both HQ and INF.

With about 300 support points
my units got;

11 of 17 needed
11 of 17 needed
61 of 142 needed

It stayed this way for 4 turns.

Can't seem to find any references to
how support works.

buzard

P.S. I also noticed in the troop loading
screen the units had an assualt rating.
But I can't seem to find this anywhere
but the troop loading screen. Once the
unit has left the ship I can't seem to
find a screen with this info by accessing
the unit with the mouse.

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:35 am
by bilbow
Support at the base in total is what counts. Don't worry about the individual units. On the base info screen you'll see the total support needed and available. As long as the available is higher, you are fine.

Also on the base screen click on the ground unit display. There you will see a line for each unit, including it's assault value.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:54 am
by buzard
These were troops waiting to attack
Buna.

So if units are not at a base they are
always low on support?

buzard

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:59 am
by bilbow
Not necessarily. The base screen totalls it up for you. A group of assaulting units still has the sum of it's supports, but you would have to add it up yourself to see what you had. If you had, for example three regiments and their divisional HQ, you would probably be fine. In any case being a bit short of support wouldn't matter over the couple of turns involved in the assault.