Page 1 of 1
Trench Warfare Scenario **NEEDS MP TESTERS**
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:04 am
by alomoes
I'm making a couple very experimental scenarios in TOAW IV. This is one of the more entertaining ones that is pretty much done ATM.
The idea is trench warfare. Size is 20 x 20, Scale is 20km, 1 day per turn. I have no idea when to set the end date, so I set it for January 1st, but realistically, you should be able to kill Elmer in no more than 50 turns.
You'll see that it's very different VERY quickly. I edited a ton of things to fit what I was going for. Be prepared to actually fight in an accurate trench warfare type situation. Feel free to play with Elmer, but Elmer doesn't know how to maintain a front line with the settings I have, making a sudden death victory really trivial.
If you capture the enemy's supplies you win a sudden death victory.
If two people can do an MP test of this, and give me your feedback, that would be great. Feel free to request any changes, I will accommodate you immediately.
Re: Trench Warfare Scenario **NEEDS MP TESTERS**
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:23 am
by alomoes
I'm working on a ton of other scenarios too, this post is just a quick post intended to get the news that I'm developing out there.
Monster Scenarios:
1. US Civil War 1861-1865: OOB is done for both sides, more or less. I'm doing a lot of estimation on the numbers and allocations of troops. Bull Run is balanced when you set the amount of troops to as historically accurate according to Wikipedia, but it needs more work. Once I finish Bull Run, I'll work on Seven Pines and other stuff.
2. Gihren's Greed Scenario. I enjoy Gundam, and I figured the one year war would be a fun time in this game. I was right. Recently, I added infantry.
3. Braxonnia vs world. Fictional World War Scenario. It's pre-tanks and pre railroads, feudalism is a thing, and the Braxonnian colonies are in revolt.
Kind of in between monster and not monster:
4. Korea 2020 scenario. Just DPRK vs US + South Korea. 100 day long game, as DPRK supposedly runs out of supplies after 100 days of war. This is intended to be a simulation, and I'm trying hard to get as much information on the DPRK and ROK armies as I can.
5. Yugoslavia Scenario. Yugoslavia wars scenarios. This one I need the OOBs for, which ain't gonna happen, but the map is more or less done, and really pretty. Muh first map.
6. I'm making an equipment file for Warhammer 40k. I have the imperium and chaos in more or less. The OG Space Marine Armoured Spearhead works.
There's other stuff as well, but I'm not worrying about it.
If anyone wants to help, feel free to contact me. I work at a snails pace, so any help is welcome. I also jump between projects a lot, so don't expect me to finish anything quickly unless I can do it in one sitting.
But yeah, once I'm up for it, I might do a 1791 - 1815 scenario, but we'll see.
Re: Trench Warfare Scenario **NEEDS MP TESTERS**
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:47 pm
by RedAss
alomoes wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:23 am
I work at a snails pace, so any help is welcome. I also jump between projects a lot, so don't expect me to finish anything quickly unless I can do it in one sitting.
Pretty certain I own the rights to these phrases, but I'll allow it.
Approached my first scenario with a Spanky and Our Gang "Hey gang, let's put on a show!" attitude. Now I'm not sure who hates this game more, me or my wife.
Five in the hopper, zero published. Thought one was on the cusp, but it Elmer hates me and refuses to cooperate. Absolutely insubordinate. Who knew the map was the
easy part?
Re: Trench Warfare Scenario **NEEDS MP TESTERS**
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:50 am
by alomoes
Working on another smallish fictional scenario plus test battle player request set up in the other forum. If you want to playtest the scenario with me, then uh yeah go to request an opponent.