Page 1 of 1
PBEM campaing
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:50 pm
by dwayne
Me and my buddy Vathailos were thinking of playing PBEM campaing. Could anyone helps us how to set up a PBEM campaing or how to simulate campaing in direct setup is not possible? Thanks.
In a Campaign
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:07 am
by challenge
Only one side gets a core force purchase. The other person plays whatever the computer sets up as adversary.
I'm not sure exactly how it plays because while I've discussed doing it with a friend, I haven't actually set it up yet.
- Buy core
- When you get to the play switches, set both to human
- save game and exit at first opportunity (you may have to deploy first)
- close out until you reach the opening menu and select email
- open saved game
From there I think it should play normally. I'm not sure whether you deploy before or after the first chance to save, but this should work -- in theory.
Two things to consider:
Your opponant won't be gaining troop experience, so give that side more points as time goes on(ie don't spend all your support unit points or adjust the max point rollers in the pref screen.
Not having player control of deployment means an "adequate" AI deployment so both sides should use Computer Deploy for balance with C&C off to allow maximum mobility to the forces. (All your ambushes will have to be set up during play.)
Good Luck.
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:11 am
by Vathailos
Ah ha...
Didn't know it'd be a bit one-sided. What do you think of a scenario instead of a campaign Dwayne? That way we could still do a series of battles, just no core forces on either side (IIRC).
Would that work?
Just a thought.
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:22 am
by chief
Vat if you and Dwayne have H2H setup on your comps use the campaigns designed in it (h2H) for game. They are usually well balanced for combat, and you don't have to pick a force.
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:48 am
by challenge
I've sort of browsed a couple of those, but haven't played them yet. The folks who design for this game are really quite good at balance and variety so that is a good suggestion.
I just reloaded the updated H2H and found that a lot has been done in the two months I've been without a computer. I'm looking forward to rying out some of the new scenarios and a campaign or two when I find the time.