Page 1 of 1
Kerch Ferry Crossing
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:53 pm
by Dereck
I've built a City Fort and Fortified Region in Kerch with 3 Rifle Divisions and 2 Naval Infantry Brigades in the City Fort. Across the peninsula I built two other Fortified Regions each with 1 Tank Division.
I'm confused by the rules concerning the crossing criteria. Is that enough to keep the Axis from crossing the ferry hex?
Re: Kerch Ferry Crossing
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:19 am
by Veterin
So long as you hold Kerch itself, the axis can't cross.
If i were you i would put a lot more units than that in Kerch than that as that could still be easily captured (in a PvP game anyway). You'll need 8-10 rifle divisions ideally.
Re: Kerch Ferry Crossing
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:34 am
by Dereck
Veterin wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:19 am
So long as you hold Kerch itself, the axis can't cross.
If i were you i would put a lot more units than that in Kerch than that as that could still be easily captured (in a PvP game anyway). You'll need 8-10 rifle divisions ideally.
I only play against the AI. But assuming that it will fall to the Axis is what I have on the opposite side of the ferry crossing sufficient or should I scrounge up two more divisions to put in the fortified regions?
Re: Kerch Ferry Crossing
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:45 pm
by ShaggyHiK
To be honest, AI is simply not capable of reasonable actions, which simply does not allow the possibility of AI penetration into Crimea if you play at least weakly, I'm not talking about medium or strong.
If you try to answer your question, then a counter-question arises, what forces does AI have in this area? Because the required number of your troops depends on this.