Page 1 of 1

How To Play Against PO?

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:28 am
by MarechalJoffre
After all these years, I have decided to give TOAW IV a go!

Thus I have downloaded a couple community scenarios that claim to have PO opponent but seemingly I can only choose between PBEM or hotseat in the menu. I see no option to play against PO. What am I missing?

Re: How To Play Against PO?

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:10 pm
by larryfulkerson
Go to the computer player option and this will open a panel that will allow you to chose which side will have the PO.
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (44.88 KiB) Viewed 1470 times

Re: How To Play Against PO?

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:03 pm
by MarechalJoffre
Great, thanks Larry.

Re: How To Play Against PO?

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:15 pm
by voroshilov17
Hello,

What does "play against the PO" mean?

Sorry for my ignorance or if it is a very simple question. Is PO=computer/AI?

Re: How To Play Against PO?

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:54 pm
by Curtis Lemay
voroshilov17 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:15 pm Hello,

What does "play against the PO" mean?

Sorry for my ignorance or if it is a very simple question. Is PO=computer/AI?
PO = Programmed Opponent.

Re: How To Play Against PO?

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:17 pm
by voroshilov17
Thanks for the reply!
And what is the difference between PO and the normal AI you fight against in a scenario?

Re: How To Play Against PO?

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:07 am
by Curtis Lemay
voroshilov17 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:17 pm Thanks for the reply!
And what is the difference between PO and the normal AI you fight against in a scenario?
The scenario designer "programs" the computer players in a PO. An AI would be entirely built in and require no designer input.

Re: How To Play Against PO?

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:23 am
by altipueri
@voroshilov

You can also have the PO help you make your move if you don't want to move every counter.

Others can explain this better than me but I suggest trying out things in a small scenario such as Arracourt. Play a few times variously as the Germans or Americans and use the PO buttons to show you what the PO is trying to do - units will try to follow a series of objectives in order.

-----

Apologies to regulars if I'm wrong on this.

Re: How To Play Against PO?

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:40 pm
by voroshilov17
Thanks for the replies,
So, every time I play a scenario in TOAW, for example, and as it appears in the beginning:

Scenario: Ia Drang 65
Computer-ARVN/US
Player- NVA

I am playing as NVA against a/the PO?

Re: How To Play Against PO?

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:38 am
by cathar1244
voroshilov17 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:40 pm Thanks for the replies,
So, every time I play a scenario in TOAW, for example, and as it appears in the beginning:

Scenario: Ia Drang 65
Computer-ARVN/US
Player- NVA

I am playing as NVA against a/the PO?
Yes, you would be playing as the NVA against the PO (= computer).

Cheers