Page 1 of 1

Crossing a Bridge

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:23 pm
by Spartan7
Playing the scenario "Sharon's Quagmire" in v2.30.
All of the Israeli reinforcements arrive on the east bank of the Suez Canal very near two full hex heavy pontoon bridges. When I attempt to move even a 1 SP armored unit (much less a 3 SP unit) onto the bridge to cross to the west side (where all the action is) I get a message that says "Unit may not enter terrain" or something to that effect. As a result none of the reinforcements can be used. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug of some kind?

Thanks

Re: Crossing a Bridge

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:52 am
by Jason Petho
I will have to check the files when I get home from holidays.

May be a bug.

In the meantime, can you post a screenshot of the location. Thank you.

Re: Crossing a Bridge

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:10 pm
by JimSafee
I'm just wondering if the bridge crossing problem ever got fixed? Is there a patch? I just got the Middle east game and several scenarios now, no pontoon bridge crossing. Bummer.

Re: Crossing a Bridge

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:22 am
by Jason Petho
Unfortunately, no, Berto passed away before being able to fix the issue.

In the meantime, I can replace the pontoons with bridges so you can at least cross.

Let me know which scenarios and I'll post a "fix"

Re: Crossing a Bridge

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:25 pm
by JimSafee
"Sharon's Quagmire" is the big one. Sorry to hear about Berto.

Re: Crossing a Bridge

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:28 pm
by Jason Petho
Thank you! I can post a fixed map this evening.

Re: Crossing a Bridge

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:37 pm
by JimSafee
Than You! Please also include instructions on how to get the map into the game and how to take the old one out. I have no clue.

Re: Crossing a Bridge

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:21 pm
by JimSafee
Just wondering if you posted the map as I don't see it here.

Re: Crossing a Bridge

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:29 pm
by Jason Petho
EG_731022_Ismaliyah.zip
(8.38 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Here you go!

Unzip this into the "SCENARIOS" folder of your middle east install and replace the existing map

That should work!

Re: Crossing a Bridge

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:46 pm
by JimSafee
It worked! Thank You!

Re: Crossing a Bridge

Posted: Sat May 04, 2024 7:26 pm
by Crossroads
We now have a development setup up and running again. There is now a fix available in the next official update for using Pontoon Bridges again.