Page 1 of 1

[Q] Where is the DLC installer for newer versions of Command?

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:19 pm
by xofer
Hi,

I just went through a nightmare trying to update Command and register a few DLC scenarios I bought.

My Page has download links for:
- [PC][64-bit] Update v1.06.1328.9
- [PC][32-bit] Update v1.05.1307.19
- [PC] Installer v1.05.1307 CMO-MultiSetup-v1.05.1307.zip
- [PC] Command Multi-DLC Installer CMO-MultiDLCSetup-Latest.zip

I installed v1.06, then the DLC installer, which said I needed v1.05. So I uninstalled 1.06 and installed the v1.05.1307 MultiSetup and then the v1.05.1307.19 update. The DLC setup said I needed v1.05.1307.5.

So I hunted around, tinkered with some URLs and found a download for v1.05.1307.5. Once I installed it I could run the DLC installer and finally was able to install my DLCs.

So, how do I upgrade? Can I install v1.05.1307.19 and keep my DLCs? Will I be able to register new DLCs I might buy later?

What about v1.06.1328.9? Can I upgrade to that and still use + install DLCs?

Seems like there should be DLC installers available that work with the new versions. What am I missing?

Thanks!
-xofer

Re: Where is the DLC installer for newer versions of Command?

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:51 am
by SamSlitherine
Hi Xofer,

The multi DLC installer would/should of let you install the DLC's with v1.06 installed.

Did the wording on the installer say you had v1.05.1307.5, but then allow you to click next and proceed with the download? Or did it say you didn't have that version installed?

It would only block you from installing DLC if you didn't have 1.05.1307.5, equal or above that version installed. (or didn't have the base game installed - which doesn't seem to be the case)

You can also use the multi setup, and multi update installers to unlock DLC's too (using the dropdown on the serial number page)

Please update using the latest versions and official downloads. With any multiupdate patch installer, you can unlock DLC's if needed as well, at any time.

Re: [Q] Where is the DLC installer for newer versions of Command?

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:17 am
by xofer
Pretty sure it said I needed version v1.05.1307.5 and had a link to the downloads in order to update. I didn't realize I could register DLCs with any installer -- thanks for the tip. I'll give the upgrade a try.

Re: [Q] Where is the DLC installer for newer versions of Command?

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:30 am
by SamSlitherine
Hi Xofer, no problem...happy to help! And no problem on the tip for DLC's.... in general for our games, we will try and give users as many ways to update and activate DLC as possible. (Multisetup, MultiUpdate and MultiDLC should all cover installation of DLC's)

There was previously an issue with version numbering as you described, but we had fixed this a while back. So a bit strange all around! Maybe your download was stuck in between time and space! (dramatic i know)

Have a good day

Sam