Page 1 of 1

unable to rebase cvp to CV at sea

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:18 am
by jjdenver
Hi, I'm trying to send a cvp from truk or the island next to truk onto a CV in 2 box (see screenshot). US is supercombined so plenty of air missions left. Any idea why I can't send the cvp to the CV? Is it a bug? It's like the cvp can't even be selected for rebase.
wif-1.JPG
wif-1.JPG (114 KiB) Viewed 752 times

Re: unable to rebase cvp to CV at sea

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:05 pm
by rkr1958
Johnny, don't know why unless this is an illegal move for some reason?

Assuming that it's legal I do have an easy workaround (fix) you may wish to try. Move the "offending" CVP from Losap to Espiritu Santo. To do that all you need to do is change its encoded hex location (underlined in red) from 57012 to 68803. Then you'll be able to rebase the CVP to the USN CV in 2-box of the Solomons.
999-Airbase-Workaround.png
999-Airbase-Workaround.png (1010.81 KiB) Viewed 737 times
I've also attached the game file where I moved the CVP to Espiritu Santo but it's easy to do if you wish to do it yourself.
4pv2-t1-FIX.zip
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 57 times

Re: unable to rebase cvp to CV at sea

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:01 pm
by Mayhemizer_slith
Thank you Ronnie.

I don't know how far cvp can rebase so I tested last turn. The result was up to box equal to cvp range. The only thing different now is the weather so we were confused.

Re: unable to rebase cvp to CV at sea

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:10 pm
by jjdenver
ty!