Page 1 of 1
Save Game OOB Utility
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2000 7:14 pm
by OpFire
Is there a utility that can be used to generate your units OOB from a campaign game save file? I'd like to track the progress of my core units but am finding a manual approach very time consuming. If you know of such a utility could you please post a URL to where it can be found.
Thanks,
OpFire
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2000 8:03 pm
by David F. Wall
There isn't one that will do this directly.
You can get the contents of your save file into a spreadsheet via the Save CSV Unit File on the file menu of Fred Chlanda's
editor. The first column of the spread sheet will have all the unit names. Then, between the editor and the spreadhseet, you might be able to find the columns that are interesting.
Given CSV Unit Files for two different stages of the same campaign, it would be possible to see what was different between the two via a file comparison uitility, which might also privide some clues.
DFW
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2000 10:28 pm
by Striker_FS
I asked about this a few weeks ago. found nothing as well. I volunteered to program the utility if I could get the format for the save files. After the holiday season, I may dig into the save files and see if I can figure out the layout.
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2000 5:40 am
by OpFire
Thank you for the pointer to Fred Chlanda's SPWAWEd utility. Exporting a saved game file in CSV format works well. I'm in the process of trying to figure out the format. I've found the unit type, experience, and morale columns. Other information is going to be harder to find and may not even be in the CSV export.
Fred's utilities can be found at:
http://freds.webprovider.com/
[This message has been edited by OpFire (edited December 27, 2000).]
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2000 7:43 pm
by David F. Wall
While only Fred could comment for certain (uinless he chooses to make the source for SPWaWEd available) it appears that the vast majority of the data it displays are in the first part of the save file. Then there's a whacking great chunk of stuff that I take to be map data. Then there are the leader names. I've never been able to determine (though my examination has been admittedly cursory) where the kill numbers are stored, though I suspect it might be somewhere near the leaders.