Page 1 of 1

non multi off map battalion unit return to map?

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:21 pm
by Mac Linehan
Gents-

I transferred a Russian non multi use ski battalion off map, and realized that there was no apparent method to return the battalion to the map- short of auto off map combat commitment.

Have done searches, but no go. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cricket Mac

"Communism teaches that the internal enemy is the most dangerous"
Alan Clark: Barbarossa 1966

Re: non multi off map battalion unit return to map?

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:41 pm
by Wiedrock
Not sure if I get you right, I guess you clicked "TRANSFER UNIT" and sent it to Reserves or another TB?!

If so, then the unit is now in Transfer to that TB, I guess you have to wait 1-4 Turns for it to arrive there and then another few turns after sending them back to MAP.

You can see where you sent the unit in the "i"-key-Transfer-window, just search for "Ski" there.

Re: non multi off map battalion unit return to map?

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:33 am
by Mac Linehan
Hi Wiedrock!

After studying the rules, I think there were two errors on my part:

I think that I sent it to the Soviet Reserve box.

First- a unit must be eight or more hexes away on a connected rail line to transfer to the Soviet reserve (I would suspect that that applies to off map but attached to a HQ or unit);

Secondly, although my map is small, the game turn turnover is slow because of numerous references to the rules- not enough time has passed to fit your parameters.

I do have the "India" key on my turn checklist- but will pay more attention and learn.

I very much appreciate your help and will experiment.

Thank You Sir!