Page 1 of 1

Steam key into Matrix Key

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:42 am
by CorpAndreas
Hi,

If I have Steam Combat Mission Black Sea, can I use it as Matrix Key as well , so that I can use installer from Matrix, because I want DRM free version one if possible

I bought a CMBS Steam version, before I found this site that sell DRM Free one, can I use my Steam key into this site and download the game here instead ?

Thx

Re: Steam key into Matrix Key

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:11 pm
by PipFromSlitherine
Unfortunately not - there is no way to convert a Steam key to a Matrix one. Sorry.

Cheers

Pip

Re: Steam key into Matrix Key

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:41 pm
by eddieballgame
Not much help now, but this is why I (always) recommend buying from Matrix & Slitherine as they offer a Steam Key for all/most of their products. Best of both worlds, imho.

Re: Steam key into Matrix Key

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:34 pm
by mainsworthy
and as youve found out, matrix has best customer service on the net

Re: Steam key into Matrix Key

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:47 pm
by kaliyama
the big advantage of steam is that you can get a refund if it turns out the game should have been in development 6 months longer, if slitherine can follow suit i'd be happy to buy direct and not give a cut to gabe

Re: Steam key into Matrix Key

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:04 pm
by ernieschwitz
If you want to try the game, get that refund, and support the devs, you could buy it on steam, get a refund before the deadline for it, and buy it at Matrix/Slitherine...