Page 1 of 1

"Provide CAP to" orders and request shore based CAP not persisting in saved games

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:01 pm
by thedoctorking
I don't know if this is WAD, but for players who depend on CAP to protect their capital ships, be aware that the "provide CAP to" orders for your CV groups and the request shore-based cap button are reset when you save and restore a game. First thing when you load a battle you've saved midway through is to restore those orders. CAP that is on station will immediately try to return to their carrier if you let even a single turn go by and it will be some time before a new group will arrive to protect you (I believe they will have to ready the planes and launch them, they won't divert any of the planes they already have in the air protecting themselves).

Re: "Provide CAP to" orders and request shore based CAP not persisting in saved games

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:23 pm
by jwsmith26
That sure sounds like a bug to me. I've provided a link to your post to the internal beta team.