Page 1 of 2
Matrix Convention
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:37 am
by neom3x11
A Matrix convention is being planned for the summer of 2004. Please sign this petition here to persuade WB to support it!
http://www.petitiononline.com/mc2004/petition.html
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:58 am
by brent_2
methinks there is a case of mistaken identity here

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:05 am
by Zakhal
LOL he almost got me fooled. (and the WB looked like wild bill)
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:15 am
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Aint it a shame that so many dull witted (apparently) individuals end up on our shores here in grognard land.
I mean, it takes a membership to post correct?
How hard is it to discern, that the site is called Matrix Games, but is the home of hard core wargamers?
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:49 am
by riverbravo
lol....I went to friends house and he had a friend there and we were talkin about KP,EYSA and some other matrix games and his friend chimed in "that matrix game sucks".Wich one we reply?He says "the matrix game" oh the movie matrix game...lol...of course it blows.....
Was Matrix Games born before or after the movie?
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:02 pm
by U2
ah this gave me a little good morning laugh
It is funny how many fans of Matrix ends up here:)
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:41 pm
by Belisarius
Originally posted by U2
ah this gave me a little good morning laugh
It is funny how many fans of Matrix ends up here:)
Hahaha so true.
One would think that "The glory in wargaming is back!" and all the hex-shaped logos would ring a bell, but noooo....

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:40 pm
by Fallschirmjager
The less you understand it....the more it is like the Matrix trilogy

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:54 am
by Ross Moorhouse
Pay for my airfare and I will join you all.
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:37 am
by Fred98
Last night I was on a conference call, here in Sydney, with people from London and Germany.
Somebody said “we need somebody reliable in New York”
I said “I am reliable” but nobody offered to send me to New York office

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:23 am
by BrubakerII
I only wish I wish clever and confident enough to put the boot into this guy as some of you guys - for I too have never made a similar mistake :rolleyes:
It seems diplomacy and good manners are all but dead. Cheers Brent.
Brubaker
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:13 pm
by Belisarius
Originally posted by BrubakerII
I only wish I wish clever and confident enough to put the boot into this guy as some of you guys - for I too have never made a similar mistake :rolleyes:
It seems diplomacy and good manners are all but dead. Cheers Brent.
Brubaker
Eh, it's all in good fun.

Like you never capitalize on a funny/embarrassing mistake made by your peers....
*poke poke*

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:31 pm
by BrubakerII
Perhaps you are right - only neo can tell us and I think he will not be back
Brubaker
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:39 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
There is a biiiiiiiiig difference between a newbie wargamer coming to a wargaming site and making a moronic sounding emabarassing remark
And a complete moron who is an entirely moronic person coming to a clearly wargaming site, and making a complete idiot of themself asking a question I can assure you I am most assuredly incapable of doing elsewhere.
I will gladly cut a novice wargamer some slack and quickly try to help them clean up the egg on their face eh.
But for a total loser (like say the guy asking for a prirated copy of Enter the Matrix), I will indeed be throwing the eggs myself, as well as handing them out hehe.
The world is full of jerks willing to brand you or me a warmonger outside of our domain, so when one of those fools comes in here, they ain't among friends hehe.
Call that hostile if you wish, it doesn't bother me to give someone the bums rush occasionally.
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:53 pm
by wodin
I will vouch for Les as although he may seem a trifle hostile prob cos the last "matrix" game post was about pirateing a game he has always been there to offer advice to me as I am a relative newbie.
Plus we are on a whole (us Wargamers) considered by alot of other gamers as odd, boring and dare i say it geeky. So why not vent off in there direction every so often.
By the way I personally feel that we are a deep thinking group of people who in many cases just didnt want to stop playing soldiers hehe.
Also not only are we interested in tactics etc but also the whole war experience on mankind. But not in a glorified way anyone who studies war has far more information/understanding of the horrors which it brings.
Wodin
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:04 pm
by brent_2
well put Wodin, people have a dim view of wargaming in general, from my experience. Seems people have a bad impression about the (assumed) inherent violence. I would love for someone to tell me that Uncommon Valor, or Korsun Pocket is a violent game. OK - so Close Combat and say, Operation Flashpoint both show blood...but far less than you could see from a single evening of primetime television.
personally I see games like Postal and GTA, and of the tournament fight games that are far more gratuitously violent, and lack the historic information that you could pick up from even the most basic wargame, even if it is just that 2 sides fought each other sometime, somewhere...
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:59 pm
by Paratrooper
You know a MatrixGames.com convention doesn't sound too bad of an idea. I know I would like to meet some of you face to face.
How about Orlando, Florida or Anaheim, California February 2004?
If any of you guys in Texas want to get together for a BBQ, how about at the Nimitz Museum or the Battleship Texas? Anytime!
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:15 pm
by AbsntMndedProf
One of the reasons that drew me to Matrix and its games is that it's been almost two decades since the last time I played a board wargame. I just don't know anyone else who plays them any more. From the mid '70s to the mid '80s I used to play board and miniature games with two different gaming societies; one in a rented building in Lawrence, Mass, and another at M.I.T. (My name is still listed on the M.I.T. wargaming club's webpage, even though I haven't been there in a loonnng time.)
Eric Maietta
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:20 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Sadly Prof, most of my friends have barely been breathing for 2 decades heheh.
My biggest problem getting in a board game, is access to anyone that was alive in 1970 hehe.
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:35 pm
by U2
Originally posted by Paratrooper
You know a MatrixGames.com convention doesn't sound too bad of an idea. I know I would like to meet some of you face to face.
How about Orlando, Florida or Anaheim, California February 2004?
If any of you guys in Texas want to get together for a BBQ, how about at the Nimitz Museum or the Battleship Texas? Anytime!
This has been on my mind for a long time
