Page 1 of 1

1328.15 Aircraft RTB picking new sites over home base

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:17 pm
by cdnice
I looked for a save file for this issue but I was not able to located one. I will try to recreate and and upload. The behaviour I saw was the following.

Playing Needle in a Hay Stack (from battleset). I created patrol zones in the Gulf of Maine, south of Argentia and around Datum 1327 and two more between the two. Halifax to Sable island, west to Gulf of Maine and south to the shelf and Sable Island East to Argentia S patrol zone to just below Sydney.

I had helo's from Shearwater assigned to the two zones south of Halifax and along with DDH Assiniboine. As the land based helo's were getting near end of their patrolling I would see a message that helo has selected Assiniboine as new base for landing or something like that. I selected the helo and rebased it to Shearwater and ordered RTB and a little bit later it would do it again. I was able to coax it back to Shearwater doing this repeatedly (it had enough fuel to return). It happened with any of the helo's that patrolled at the far end of the patrol zone.

I love the addition of aircraft picking new bases when low on fuel but maybe it could be an option to accept the new base or not if it can be duplicated. I will try the scenario again and try to duplicate it and upload the save for review.

Thanks.

Re: 1328.15 Aircraft RTB picking new sites over home base

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:20 pm
by cdnice
Save file

Re: 1328.15 Aircraft RTB picking new sites over home base

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:20 pm
by Raptorx7_slith
cdnice wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:20 pmSave file
Can you reupload that save? You attached a .txt file instead of a .save or .scen file

Re: 1328.15 Aircraft RTB picking new sites over home base

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am
by JamieJamster
I have been having this issue too, good idea for a feature, but aircraft that vary altitude a lot i.e. ASW helo's / ground attack planes really suffer from constantly thinking they are too low on fuel and trying to go to a different base. I would love the option to just turn this feature off, especially in scenario's that require more complex a/a refueling and fuel management.

Re: 1328.15 Aircraft RTB picking new sites over home base

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:00 am
by cdnice
Raptorx7_slith wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:20 pm
cdnice wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:20 pmSave file
Can you reupload that save? You attached a .txt file instead of a .save or .scen file
It won't let me upload anything with that extension, it was suggested to change the extension to .txt to allow the upload.

Re: 1328.15 Aircraft RTB picking new sites over home base

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:05 am
by Nikel
You have to zip the scen or save file.

Though the way you did also works.

Re: 1328.15 Aircraft RTB picking new sites over home base

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:54 am
by blu3s
Thanks for the report.


Logged 15701