Page 1 of 1

Can I use off rail Airbases?

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 pm
by jack54
Hi I'm playing 'Steel Inferno Race for the Caucasus' as Axis. This is my first attempt at manual air.
Can I utilize Airbases off rail or will it hurt trucks and supply further up the road?

In the attached picture I moved some Recon to Belaya Glina and it seems ok. I would like to move some fighters and tactical air to Krasnodar, which is off the double rail line, to help with the eventual push on the Black sea ports. Is this feasible or leave 'off rail' air bases empty?
Thanks!
Off Rail Airbase question.jpg
Off Rail Airbase question.jpg (281.86 KiB) Viewed 858 times

Re: Can I use off rail Airbases?

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:48 am
by tyronec
You can but it will be more strain on your supply network if the airbase is more than 3 hexes from a depot.
I would do it for fighters only, actually would not be using bombers beyond the start line in this scenario as they take up so much supply.

Re: Can I use off rail Airbases?

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:48 pm
by jack54
Thank You, Tyronec