Page 1 of 1

LV Installation Issues

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:58 pm
by Johnmac7227
Recently downloaded LV from the store (thanks for making it available)

I downloaded a clean SPWAW 7.1 as well which in Installed with no problems. I then installed LV and am unable to start the campaign.

The "Start" menu doesn't light up in the MC Menu - after pressing it I received an error message that went on for a few minutes about missing OOB Data files. Then I went to a blank page where I'm guessing I was supposed to choose my options to start the game but none of these were visible. Due to some trial and error mouse clicks I got to a preference screen which showed a German vs. German screen and after hitting start the game crashed back to windows.

I'm running a Dell PC with Pentium II with Windows 98.

shall I try moving the OOB files from the main game into the MCAM/LV folder?

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:04 pm
by Jim1954
Check to see where LV actually installed. Look at the installation line and see if there is a space between Matrix and Games. It should not be there. Browse your windows explorer and see if it showed up as a separate folder.

Did you ????

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:09 pm
by chief
johnmac: Did you d/l and install the 7.1 patches prior to installing Mega camp ????

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:17 am
by chief
johnmac don't move you OOB files out of the main SPWAW 7.1 folder....thats where they belong and.....they should be dated 04/07/02...When you reinstalled did you have any saved games ????

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:51 pm
by Johnmac7227
Thanks for the quick replies - I checked for the "Matrix Games" vs "Matrixgames" error and I didn't have it.

I did however download the full 7.1 version which is where I was installing the game. Would i be better off downloading 7.0 installing it then installing LV and finally the 7.1 patch?

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:25 pm
by Jim1954
This may seem like a silly question, but you did download the one that cost 24.99 and not just the free patches, right?

On the download page for the patches, there is a note that states that if you purchased the MC after July 25th, then the patches are already included in the 24.99 purchase.

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:55 pm
by Johnmac7227
Thanks Jim for the reply and there's no such thing as a silly question.

I downloaded "LV" on 8/5. I'm thinking the program is just unable to run on this PC and will try a different PC instead.