Page 1 of 1

PBEM - Multiplayer

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:40 pm
by wbonx
I recently sarted playing again UnCiv, guess you know the game, the implementation of PBEM works very well and it's enjoyable.

I'm wondering if you could code something in the same direction, UnCiv is open source, maybe you could look at the code but I guess the implementation is pretty simple.

Link:
https://github.com/yairm210/Unciv

Also having a central server (like UnCiv) as default for the PBem games is quite simple, cheap and handy.

You think something in this direction could be done?

Also after the remote play together stopped working it is a pity not having at least a very simple multiplayer solution.

Re: PBEM - Multiplayer

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:15 am
by Vic
Hi there,

Thanks for suggestion!

When and if i find the time to implement server based PBEM i'll probably opt for my publishers PBEM++ system.

Best wishes,
Vic

Re: PBEM - Multiplayer

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2024 12:32 pm
by wbonx
Vic wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:15 am Hi there,

Thanks for suggestion!

When and if i find the time to implement server based PBEM i'll probably opt for my publishers PBEM++ system.

Best wishes,
Vic
Thank you for the answer.

My advice would be to prioritize this if you can. This feature could easily double the sales of the game.

For example, we are a pretty large group of players playing similar games (as I mentioned civ/Unciv).
My problem in convincing the rest of the group in buying the game is the current implementation of the pbem/multiplayer.
If this would be stramlined you would probably sell the game to the rest of the group.

I'm sure other groups of player are facing the same problem, since the actual pbem implementation is quite painful to deal with (at least the game could autosynch the file trough a server).

Until your publisher version isn't implemented I guess you could give a shot to the one I posted in the previous post.
It shouldn't be too much of an hassel to implement.

Greets.