An option for no ICBMs
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2024 8:13 am
I know this, or something like it, has been suggested elsewhere before but I just had my first experience being hit by ICBMs without being able to do anything about it, (on round 167 of a slow development game from a smaller empire I had been ignoring as unimportant no less!), and it was not a fun experience.
What's the point of having things like plasma guns and shield generators in the tech tree when it's game over the moment someone decides to go for the no more difficult to reach ICBMs instead? Obviously human players could have a gentlemen agreement not to use them but I think for the AI it's just random if or when it will go for ICBMs.
The tactical nukes are fine, because their range is limited they aren't an instant 'I win' button, but I'd desperately like an option to disable ICBMs.
What's the point of having things like plasma guns and shield generators in the tech tree when it's game over the moment someone decides to go for the no more difficult to reach ICBMs instead? Obviously human players could have a gentlemen agreement not to use them but I think for the AI it's just random if or when it will go for ICBMs.
The tactical nukes are fine, because their range is limited they aren't an instant 'I win' button, but I'd desperately like an option to disable ICBMs.