Page 1 of 1

Road Map Update

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2024 12:03 am
by Bellrock
Vic,

I have seen a number of polls for Shadow Empires at your VR Designs webpage (https://www.vrdesigns.net/ ), but I never see what conclusion are drawn from those polls. Will there be an updated road map in the near future? As it has been awhile, I’m getting rather curious what updates may be coming this year.

Thanks,
Bell

Re: Road Map Update

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2024 4:01 pm
by Vic
Next year we should see Republica DLC which focusses mainly on advanced politics.

best wishes,
Vic

Re: Road Map Update

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2024 12:32 am
by eddieballgame
Though I voted for Zone Based per naval unit movement (thinking it might be easier for you to implement & as a play mechanic; I would not be opposed to Hex Based movement.
Btw, looking forward to the Republica DLC.

Re: Road Map Update

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2024 11:48 am
by Returner
Regarding the question of zone based vs. hex based ship movement.

Does anyone remember the game Imperialism?

It had sea-zone and land-province based unit movement. In case of the land units, moving into a hostile zone resulted in a turn based hex battle similar to HOMM. Moving a fleet to a hostile sea zone resulted in a calculated battle between the fleets if I remember correctly.

Revisting Imperialism might be interesting for tackling this question. I played Imperialism 1 and the fleet management system was very well done there. It felt really meaningful and impactful and not cumbersome.