Page 1 of 1

Naval interdiction and airforce reserve query

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2025 12:15 pm
by cato13
Hello,

Playing as axis I'm struggling to get supplies by sea into Riga, both the port and railyard are fully repaired and the Riga depot is set at 4. The Riga supply info suggests all the freight is coming by rail not sea.

All the sea hexes going back to Germany are neutral, does neutral see hexes block supply? I've noticed the sea hexes near Koenigsberg are isolated, surely that area doesn't need air interdiction?

Also,

I'm trying to run the air war with minimal AI help, I only run the AI assist button at the end of my ground phase. I've set the AI to run the theatre boxes but what's the best way to get AOG's from the reserve?

I've been trying to manipulate where my air assets go using the asset priority option but the units don't leave the reserve box.

Re: Naval interdiction and airforce reserve query

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2025 4:02 am
by tyronec
If a depot is connected by sea and rail then often the supply system will use rail in preference to sea. The supply system doesn't allow you to control these things, the depot priority is a fairly blunt tool to manage how supply is distributed.

Can't advise about AI assist, I never use it.

Re: Naval interdiction and airforce reserve query

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2025 5:00 am
by Wiedrock
Is is set to be an import port (blue logo)? Export ports have a white port logo.

Re: Naval interdiction and airforce reserve query

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2025 10:26 am
by cato13
Wiedrock wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2025 5:00 am Is is set to be an import port (blue logo)? Export ports have a white port logo.
Yeah definitely blue. So its nothing to do with the sea hexes being neutral then?

There is a small of amount of supply shipping into Ventspils to the west of Riga which I have set to 3.