Page 1 of 1
Shakturi Tech Tree Broken
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2025 11:34 pm
by ChrisGb
So whats with all the broken and misplaced tech in the Shakturi tree ?
This doesnt look as if it could work properly.

Re: Shakturi Tech Tree Broken
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2025 1:20 pm
by Sabranan
Looks to me like you have an out of date Shakturi research file somehow, the current row value for Advanced Amplifiers is supposed to be 206, which is what I'm seeing in the latest on Steam (public and beta).
Re: Shakturi Tech Tree Broken
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2025 6:15 pm
by ChrisGb
Sabranan wrote: Wed Apr 09, 2025 1:20 pm
Looks to me like you have an out of date Shakturi research file somehow, the current row value for Advanced Amplifiers is supposed to be 206, which is what I'm seeing in the latest on Steam (public and beta).
The above is from last official version with all DLC including last Atuuk&Wekkarus
This is from 1.2.7.7 (I maintain an older version on another external SSD)
It showed somehow correctly but still had plenty broken tech in there (all the grayed out ones are broken)
And the Shakturi Research file from 1.2.9.8 and 1.2.7.7 do match, they 100% same

Re: Shakturi Tech Tree Broken
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2025 5:37 pm
by Sabranan
I count 7 updates to the Shakturi research file since 1.2.7.7, the last one only a couple weeks ago. Also the Shakturi only techs shouldn't even be showing up in your tech tree!
So yeah, something has really broken there but I don't know why. Assuming you're on Steam, it might be worth doing a verify integrity on your files (you can back up your setting files first if you want to keep them).
Once you've verified your files, check the Shakturi research file and see if it's different now from your 1.2.7.7 version. If it is, starting a new game should fix the issue.
Re: Shakturi Tech Tree Broken
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2025 7:35 pm
by ChrisGb
Sabranan wrote: Tue Apr 22, 2025 5:37 pm
I count 7 updates to the Shakturi research file since 1.2.7.7, the last one only a couple weeks ago. Also the Shakturi only techs shouldn't even be showing up in your tech tree!
So yeah, something has really broken there but I don't know why. Assuming you're on Steam, it might be worth doing a verify integrity on your files (you can back up your setting files first if you want to keep them).
Once you've verified your files, check the Shakturi research file and see if it's different now from your 1.2.7.7 version. If it is, starting a new game should fix the issue.

nah, Im not on Steam and this not some file error.
I flagged Shakturi playable so one can start playing with them and see of course their research tree..however, as of latest 1.3.0.3 the positioning is fixed and the empty techs I suspect they have been planned but not implemented or deleted for balance reasons after so this kinda of a non issue at this point.
