[RESOLVED] DXNTRACE-INIT: Exception initializing DX11 renderer.
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2025 11:03 am
Yesterday I installed the game on my Windows 11 laptop with 32GB Ram and an NVidia 4060 RTX card. I posted about CMO freezing on the loading....please wait screen. I was able to get the game to start following the directions here
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=409198
I played the game for about 10 minutes when it froze the PC. This morning I restarted the game and the issue reoccured. I have attached the latest log. This seems to be the issue.
DXNTRACE-INIT: Exception initializing DX11 renderer.
14/09/2025 06:49:32 -- Bv1.08 - Build 1676 -- The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action -- Scen : -- DB : -- Exception: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action
Stack Trace: at DXRenderer.Main..ctor(String topLevelWriteableRoot, Control control, Int32 clientRectangleTopMargin, Int32 clientRectangleBottomMargin)
at Command.MainForm.c6bU9pCof6(Object , EventArgs )
Call Stack & Error details:
Error at 961718: : The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action
Error at 447494: : The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action
I believe I allowed the game to attempt to make the installations it asks for before completing setup.
Please advise.
Thanks
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=409198
I played the game for about 10 minutes when it froze the PC. This morning I restarted the game and the issue reoccured. I have attached the latest log. This seems to be the issue.
DXNTRACE-INIT: Exception initializing DX11 renderer.
14/09/2025 06:49:32 -- Bv1.08 - Build 1676 -- The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action -- Scen : -- DB : -- Exception: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action
Stack Trace: at DXRenderer.Main..ctor(String topLevelWriteableRoot, Control control, Int32 clientRectangleTopMargin, Int32 clientRectangleBottomMargin)
at Command.MainForm.c6bU9pCof6(Object , EventArgs )
Call Stack & Error details:
Error at 961718: : The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action
Error at 447494: : The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action
I believe I allowed the game to attempt to make the installations it asks for before completing setup.
Please advise.
Thanks