Page 1 of 1

[Fixed] B1728.2 Beta: NI #11 Saratoga magazine issue

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2025 2:06 am
by HalfLifeExpert
I've been running a favorite scenario on the new Beta branch: Northern Inferno #11 Fire and Brimstone.

I've found that onboard the aircraft carrier Saratoga (Carrier Strike Group One), the magazine does not carry the correct variant of the AIM-7 Sparrow for its F-4J Phantoms.

The Phantoms onboard the Saratoga use the AIM-7E Sparrow III, but the Magazine only has 100x AIM-7F Sparrow IIIs.

This renders the Phantoms unable to re-arm with an air-to-air loadout after their current loadouts are expended (all phantoms are pre-armed with a ready loadout, but there's no reloads).

So in the next update, please include a corrected scenario with the right type of Sparrow in Saratoga's magazine.

Also, 100 might not be enough, but I also understand the fact that it's well into the war so ammo stocks might not be at ideal levels.

Re: B1728.2 Beta: NI #11 Saratoga magazine issue

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2025 11:36 pm
by HalfLifeExpert
I'm bumping this because this issue remains in build 1774

Re: B1728.2 Beta: NI #11 Saratoga magazine issue

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 3:09 pm
by Kushan04
Fixed. I also doubled the number of AIM-7Es (new 200x, old 100x). Same for the AIM-9Hs (new 400x, old 200), since almost all the aircraft use them in some capacity and it doesn't look like they're optional for most of the loadouts. Updated scenario will be in the next release.

Re: [Fixed] B1728.2 Beta: NI #11 Saratoga magazine issue

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 6:48 pm
by HalfLifeExpert
Oh, great! I really enjoy this scenario but I've had to keep editing the magazine after every beta update

Is this included in the 1900.5 build made available today? or is it coming in a future update to that?

EDIT: Oops, silly me, didn't read your comment closely enough. Thanks for including it in the next patch!

Re: [Fixed] B1728.2 Beta: NI #11 Saratoga magazine issue

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 7:47 pm
by Kushan04
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2026 6:48 pm Oh, great! I really enjoy this scenario but I've had to keep editing the magazine after every beta update

Is this included in the 1900.5 build made available today? or is it coming in a future update to that?

EDIT: Oops, silly me, didn't read your comment closely enough. Thanks for including it in the next patch!
It should be in 1900.5. At the time I wrote that I wasn't sure when todays release was going to happen.

Re: [Fixed] B1728.2 Beta: NI #11 Saratoga magazine issue

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 8:27 pm
by HalfLifeExpert
Kushan04 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2026 7:47 pm
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2026 6:48 pm Oh, great! I really enjoy this scenario but I've had to keep editing the magazine after every beta update

Is this included in the 1900.5 build made available today? or is it coming in a future update to that?

EDIT: Oops, silly me, didn't read your comment closely enough. Thanks for including it in the next patch!
It should be in 1900.5. At the time I wrote that I wasn't sure when todays release was going to happen.
Ah, I'll check when I get home from work today, thanks!

UPDATE: Yes! The corrected scenario file is included in Build 1900.5
Thank you again!