Page 1 of 1

Wanted:- WW1 dogfighter

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:31 am
by Blunderbuss
Can anyone recommend a reasonably good World War One flight simulator/arcade dogfighter? My only requirement is that it must be Windows XP compatible. I already have a couple of WW2 games (Sturmovik and PH:SAD) and Comanche 4, but I fancy a change of pace. Cheers.

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:09 am
by AbsntMndedProf
Here is a link where you can download Sierra's 'Red Baron'. I bought this years ago when I had an AT. The AT was too slow to run the game properly, but it looked like it would be fun on a faster machine:

http://www.free-games-net.com/games/redbaron.shtml

Eric Maietta

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:53 pm
by Belisarius
The WWI simulations have been dormant the last 5 years or so...MS Combat Flight Simulator apart (ofcourse).

There are two games in the line for release this fall or next year (knock on wood):

Knights over Europe
Wings of Honor

However, there are scores of cancelled WWI flyers the past few years, so expect little..

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:07 pm
by Resisti
If you want to play Blue Max board game online, visit here:

http://www.youplay.it/play/main.asp

Excellent: easy to access and play web site, and a very active community (with a Yahoo Group, too)

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:33 pm
by Blunderbuss
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I know that Red Baron does not work with XP (according to www.sold-out.co.uk). The yet-to-be-released games will probably overwhelm my current graphics card, so it looks like I've picked the wrong time to try for a WW1 flying game! :(

Resisti. I have now joined in a game of Blue Max. Tally ho! <Edit. I like this game. The way you can see who is a rookie and single them out for the kill is a good idea. Perhaps we may find ourselves fighting each other.>