Page 1 of 1

Playtesters for Arnhem (Sept. 18) needed

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 11:11 am
by David boutwell
Is anyone interested in playtesting Arnhem (Sept. 18)?

Dave Boutwell

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 9:38 pm
by Figmo
I'll take a look see if it's not toooo big!! Send it to faletti@worldnet.att.net .

Figmo

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 9:38 pm
by Lazarus
why not?



------------------
"The conqueror is always a lover of peace; he would prefer to take over our country unopposed." CLAUSEWITZ

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 10:14 pm
by BruceAZ_MatrixForum
Sounds good, send it along to:

BruceAZ@home.com

------------------
"The most important element in war is man. And there are no tougher men than my China Marines." Major Gen. Archer 'Archy' Vandegrift, 1st Marine Division

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 12:30 am
by David boutwell
Gentlemen,

I'll send it to you after I stop finding stupid little glitches, which is tough when both sides have maxed out their unit allowances. What is too big?? For those of you who like city fighting, and...heck, for those of you who like fighting, you might like this one... I enjoy watching it with both sides on AI...

David Boutwell

Dave Boutwell

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 12:37 am
by Tankhead
Hi David!

I would mind giving it a turn with testing v4.6. Bring it on Image

Tankhead

------------------
Rick Cloutier rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
[url="http://tankhead__1.tripod.com"]http://tankhead__1.tripod.com[/url]

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 2:16 am
by Wild Bill
I look forward to your handiwork, David!...WB

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 10:06 am
by David boutwell
Thanks for the enthusiasm, guys! Other than modifying morale and command ratings for a lot of units (which doesn't necessarily have to be done for you to test it), I think I'm pretty much done. I've found and gotten rid of most of the glitches, as well, which is a bugger. I had to do away with all of the gun carriers that the Brits historically had, because they kept heading for the retreat hex, carrying heavy weapons off the board with them. They weren't much use anyway. They just carried those same units right up under the noses of concealed German squads and got them blown away.

The reaction turn fix helped tremendously. Thanks, Wild Bill, for pushing that through.

As soon as I write up a background document, I'll send it to you guys to work over. I'm looking forward to your critique (I think).

David Boutwell

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 8:37 am
by David boutwell
I'm nearly done with my background text. Semester exam preps and carpet cleaning cut into my time tonight. Damn the real life getting in the way of one's fun! I've got Tankhead, Marauder Mel and Wild Bill available to test...Wow!!

Dave Boutwell