Page 1 of 1
3 Finnish scenarios
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 1:51 am
by Kharan
I fixed the 3 Finnish scenarios (Frozen Hell, Frozen Suvanto and Buying The Time) which had wrong troop icons. I didn't get them very accurate as some of the squads they had don't even exist anymore, but at least you can now play them.
I also corrected the %ยค!#"%! Finnish names. If I ever see a "Jenetz" somewhere again, I'm going to go nuts.
I did this now because the Finnish games magazine Pelit is considering putting SPWAW on their once-a-year cover cd, and plenty of people are going to try them and maybe not even go further if the scens are screwed up.
Download
here.
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 2:07 am
by Wild Bill
Nicely done Kharan. I'm going to take a look at these.
Would you go ahead and post them in the Depot as updates to version 4.5?
I'll also see if David can include them to overwrite the old ones in a version 4.6 patch with your permission of course.
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 3:19 am
by Kharan
Originally posted by Wild Bill:
Would you go ahead and post them in the Depot as updates to version 4.5?
Done.
I'll also see if David can include them to overwrite the old ones in a version 4.6 patch with your permission of course.
Sure. At least until the real designers will finally update them.
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 9:42 am
by appunk
I'm wondering if I did something wrong here, or whether I was expecting the wrong thing. . . .
I downloaded the zip file from your link, and copied all the files over the originals in the SCEN directory. . .then I loaded scenario #7. . . . the finns still had tank icons for their infantry units . . .
Did you only fix the problem of facing difficulties, or are the icons themselves supposed to be different. . . . Did I do something wrong??
Thank you for your help, I'd love to be able to play these scenarios!
------------------
"After a victory there are no enemies, only men."
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 8:12 pm
by Kharan
That's weird. I did test them with a friend and the troop icons were shown correctly on his computer.
You could try deleting those 12 files in your scen-directory first, then unzip them again there.
Note that they have not been play tested, so changes in the oob's may have changed the difficulty.
I just reinstalled SPWAW 4.5 from scratch and unzipped finscens.zip and they worked. Anyone else?
[This message has been edited by Kharan (edited January 08, 2001).]
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 10:53 am
by Kharan
I corrected Finnish artillery in Buying The Time. They were showing up as destroyed for some reason.
Updated the zip and uploaded the scenario again.
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 11:58 am
by appunk
Thanks Kharan!
I don't know what i did wrong the first time, but when I deleted the files and started over, it worked. . . .
It's great to watch the russians get destroyed by infantry rather than tanks!
Thanks again!
------------------
"After a victory there are no enemies, only men."