Scenario/Editor Differences
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2026 8:53 pm
While I was trying to figure out the OOB for the game before I started I stumbled onto something that may clear up some confusion. I know it did for me.
Here is what I saw in my test copy of the main campaign (using extension files to convert to English). I will use the Com.Larache Infantry Divsion as an example.
As you can see it is listed as an ENG unit and not an HQ.
Next I went and looked up what that unit's TOE is and this is what I saw. Note that it is denoted as an HQ with a Type of 24.
Now, when I looked at the actual unit in the editor this is what I found. Same TOE ID of 103 however it is showing up as an ENG unit with a type of 198 as displayed in the game. According to the editor's manual Type slots 185-225 are currently unassigned yet when I went through the editor line by line for the TOE I found that they were extensively used even with an assigned TOE as in this example.
Now, after I pressed the Set TOE button (highlighted in red), saved the scenario and restarted my game this is what I found when I searched for that division in game:
It is now using the proper TOE and shows up as a division headquarters.
I'm going to go through my scenario copy and press the Set TOE button for every unit and see if that makes a difference.
Here is what I saw in my test copy of the main campaign (using extension files to convert to English). I will use the Com.Larache Infantry Divsion as an example.
As you can see it is listed as an ENG unit and not an HQ.
Next I went and looked up what that unit's TOE is and this is what I saw. Note that it is denoted as an HQ with a Type of 24.
Now, when I looked at the actual unit in the editor this is what I found. Same TOE ID of 103 however it is showing up as an ENG unit with a type of 198 as displayed in the game. According to the editor's manual Type slots 185-225 are currently unassigned yet when I went through the editor line by line for the TOE I found that they were extensively used even with an assigned TOE as in this example.
Now, after I pressed the Set TOE button (highlighted in red), saved the scenario and restarted my game this is what I found when I searched for that division in game:
It is now using the proper TOE and shows up as a division headquarters.
I'm going to go through my scenario copy and press the Set TOE button for every unit and see if that makes a difference.