Button R - Road/RR Highlighting - SOMEWHAT COSMETIC
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2026 11:37 am
I use the Keybord shortcuts a lot.
One of my favorites is the "R"_Key to highlight roads/railroads on the map.
However, the visualisation is somewhat wierd:
1) The displayed network does not follow the road/railroad visual exactly, but rather add some hand-drawn visuals on the map, that add to the general clutter. In my opinion, the lines should follow the exact path of the Artwork.
2) Furthermore, the chosen colors for the highlighting of those visuals (the new lines) are rather too subtle and hard to see. (and yes, I do use a slightly modded map, but this is not a problem for this topic).
I use this "R"-key as a tool to helo me to easier find the road/railroad network on the map. This whole idea is to HIGHLIGHT the network, not to softly add additional lines on the map.
While I do understand that this is also a matter of art, style and taste, I still appreciate if this would better serve the intended fuctionality in the first place.
Cheers
Terry
One of my favorites is the "R"_Key to highlight roads/railroads on the map.
However, the visualisation is somewhat wierd:
1) The displayed network does not follow the road/railroad visual exactly, but rather add some hand-drawn visuals on the map, that add to the general clutter. In my opinion, the lines should follow the exact path of the Artwork.
2) Furthermore, the chosen colors for the highlighting of those visuals (the new lines) are rather too subtle and hard to see. (and yes, I do use a slightly modded map, but this is not a problem for this topic).
I use this "R"-key as a tool to helo me to easier find the road/railroad network on the map. This whole idea is to HIGHLIGHT the network, not to softly add additional lines on the map.
While I do understand that this is also a matter of art, style and taste, I still appreciate if this would better serve the intended fuctionality in the first place.
Cheers
Terry