Page 1 of 1
Operation Silver Bayonet I – Ia Drang 1 – Rendezvous With Desitny
Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2026 4:05 pm
by jimpyle
Anyone ever played this scenario H2H? My friend and I have tried three times, the last included a house rule that the NVA couldn't move during the first two turns. In all three it was a complete romp by the NVA. No chance at all for the Americans. Are we missing something?
Jim
Re: Operation Silver Bayonet I – Ia Drang 1 – Rendezvous With Desitny
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2026 7:25 pm
by Jason Petho
That scenario is definitely not meant for H2H.
If you're going to play it as H2H, then each of the NVA companies involved should wait X turns before they are engaged, as that is how they are scripted. They all didn't attack at once. I'd stagger the NVA companies one available every 4-6 turns.
With scripting, I don't have to fix the units, so all of them are unfixed since the scripting handles when they are historically supposed to engage.
Re: Operation Silver Bayonet I – Ia Drang 1 – Rendezvous With Desitny
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2026 7:31 pm
by jimpyle
Phew!!! Glad my friend and I weren't that bad at playing the Yanks.
Thanks, Jason.