Page 1 of 1

[NO REPRO] System.InvalidCastException

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2026 10:24 am
by I1066
Just got this exception. Don't think I was doing anything special when it happened.

Application: Command.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.InvalidCastException
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToString(System.Object)
at Bkrf4GfijJlphmEV41A2.EU9fBwLv8j4(System.Object, Bkrf4GfijJlphmEV41A2)
at Command.CustomExceptionHandler.ShowAndLogExceptionMessage(System.Exception)
at Command.CustomExceptionHandler.HUA7MijjvVfeqoj0Z7IY(System.Object)
at Command.CustomExceptionHandler.OnThreadException(System.Object, Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.raise_UnhandledException(System.Object, Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnUnhandledException(Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(System.String[])
at wj05ncfBU4AwasiE6O5a.EU9fBwLv8j4(System.Object, System.String[], wj05ncfBU4AwasiE6O5a)
at Command.My.MyApplication.Main(System.String[])

Re: System.InvalidCastException

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2026 10:28 am
by Dimitris
Which version is this? I recall seeing something like this in B1776 but it was resolved in later builds.

Re: System.InvalidCastException

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2026 10:36 am
by I1066
i'm not at my computer right now, but rather sure it is v 1.07

Re: System.InvalidCastException

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2026 10:46 am
by I1066
v1.07 - Build 1567

Re: System.InvalidCastException

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2026 11:05 am
by I1066
I managed to reproduce it. No save game since it all crashed.

I just marked an unfriendly sub as a decoy and then clicked to view its DB entry, and that click made the game crash with this exception.

Re: System.InvalidCastException

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2026 11:36 am
by Dimitris
That's pretty old. Any reason for not upgrading at least to the current official version? (v1.08)

Re: System.InvalidCastException

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2026 4:26 am
by Dimitris
Closing as non-reproducible in current versions.