Page 1 of 1

Air interdiction question

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2026 2:16 pm
by kutaycosar
I am currently trying to edit Middle East 67 scenario and I'm looking for a way to make Air Interdiction attacks reduce the Movement Points (MP) of the targeted unit.

I previously attempted to lower the 'Proficiency' stat to force units into a 'Disorganized' state upon being hit, but I couldn't get it to work as intended. Even if it had worked, I would have had to re-edit the entire scenario according to new proficiency values.

Has anyone successfully implemented a mechanic like this before? Is there a way to trigger an MP penalty for the unit that hit by interdiction mission?

Re: Air interdiction question

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2026 7:17 pm
by golden delicious
I don't think this is feasible. You won't like it- but as a workaround you could give one player TOs which freeze or withdraw certain air units and then generate a refugee effect in different areas (which increases move costs on roads only). If you want to really roll your sleeves up, you can build a toggle (using on-map dummy units and a "force occupies" trigger) which allows you to cycle units in and out of these interdiction missions. This would give more flexibility than the standard interdiction mechanic, which targets every single hex in range.

Re: Air interdiction question

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2026 7:59 pm
by Curtis Lemay
If interdiction forces the targets to avoid moving by road, or move only at night, that results in slower movement.